Vulnerability

Shay didn't know how Ashley did it, but somehow she was talked into spending time at one of her best friend's rest houses by a beach and she was ordered to sit and stay while said friend left her lounging by the poolside, soaking up the sun.

It wasn't an altogether bad deal, of course.

But then she saw another blonde that wasn't her best friend stop walking towards the pool, probably upon realizing that she was there, and they both stared at each other while they both tried to process why each of them was dragged to a place they didn't agree to meet up at. They hadn't exactly talked since their fight, and they'd let two days pass since then. Ashley seemed like she wasn't having any of it anymore, not after dancing around each other for months.

"Ashley said she had to um... 'to go to a place to do a thing'."

Shay rolled her eyes at Ashley's lack of intent to hide exactly what she had planned for Shay and Sasha. It looked like Sasha was also highly aware and was just as surprised that she had been set up to meet up with Shay and spend time with the person she'd been lamenting hurting.

Shay gave Sasha a bland look before slipping the glasses on top of her head to her face. It felt like a shield, Sasha thought, watching those brown eyes disappear from her sight, and she felt whatever heavy weight she'd been carrying on her stomach weight her down more.

Sasha had been trying to understand her reaction to what happened a few days ago, and she knew most of it came from the uncertainty of what could happen once everyone knew. That and it seemed it was easier to accept that she was attracted to Shay, than to accept her sexuality. It was entirely to easy, she thought as her eyes involuntarily slid down Shay's body, clad in a skimpy bikini to minimize the tan lines. She felt something deep in her belly tighten, and she had to avert her eyes.

This was not the time to be distracted by how horny Shay got her.

To distract herself she made her way slowly to the lounge chair beside Shay, and shifted so she was oriented towards the brunette. She fiddled with what she could fiddle with, took out her phone and put it back in her small purse maybe twice, three times, hoped like most people hoped for a distracting text, or a call to get her out of the situation she was in. But of course, nothing worked. So she found herself flinging her purse down and standing up, then walked away from Shay. The sudden movement had Shay turning her head she'd been ardently keeping away from Sasha towards the said blonde. Shay's eyes narrowed, unbeknownst to the Sasha.

It was a couple of trips, maybe enough to dig a stream where she was standing, but Sasha eventually found herself standing in front of Shay, who was looking up at her through her glasses. She took in Shay's raised eyebrows as a sign of recognition.

"Please look at me." Shay knew what Sasha meant, but she raised her hand palm up and lifted her shoulders in a shrug as if to mean that she was already doing that. "Yeah, but-" Sasha tried to gesture, then gave up and instead sat on the lounge chair beside Shay, invading Shay's personal space, and took off the brunette's sunglasses.

Sasha thought she felt infinitely better just looking into Shay's eyes, looking like melted chocolate in the light of the sun.

She also felt she didn't exactly have the right to be looking for ways to make herself feel better after what she did, but she was taking what she could get.

"Hey!" Shay tried to stop Sasha, but Sasha's hands were already behind her to keep the glasses away from Shay. Shay petulantly leaned back with pouted lips, before looking away for two seconds, then looking back at Sasha again. She couldn't help but study the younger girl, sporting her black-rimmed glasses which meant she didn't take the time to do her makeup before she arrived. Something about an unmade-up Sasha made Shay feel all warm and protective. So she had to give herself a mental slap, a reminder that she was supposed to be angry. "What?"