Besides trying to get my life back by attending classes I was also doing the best I could to cooperate with the investigation. Detective Johnson and Officer Ramirez sprang into action, utilizing their expertise and resources to dig deeper into George's background. They retraced his steps, interviewed witnesses, and collected additional evidence to corroborate my story.

As the investigation progressed a lot about George his past unraveled. Turned out his abuse behaviour had been going on for years and years and didn't just happen to me and Adrianna. Multiple women had come forward to talk about their experiences with him. It hurt my heart to know so many women were affected by him. It made me think about Adrianna. How scared she must have been. How lonely she must have felt all those years. Where was she? I had never felt so conflicted. Apparently the detectives had spoken to hear, to get a statement from her. I had asked them about her, but they couldn't disclose anything about her personal life to me. Why them but not me?

-

"Where do you think she could be?" Hazel asked.

I sighed. "I don't know. I wish she would just talk to me, you know?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Her phone is still going unanswered?"

"Yup. Straight to voicemail."

"I'm sorry, Iz." Chelsea spoke. "Is there anything we can do? I've got mad detective skills."

I laughed. "It's fine guys. If she wants to go, then so be it."

"She better come back." Allie joked. "This new teacher sucks ass. He is so annoying."

"Oh, he is the worst." I giggled. "I didn't know people could talk that slowly."

"Stop bullying that poor man." Hazel tried to stop herself from laughing.

"You're such a hypocrite." I joked.

"Happily so."

"Are you going to be okay though?" Chelsea asked. "I know she means a lot to you."

"I mean, I feel like I could just talk to her and I felt understood, you know? But whatever. I'm fine." I lied. "She made her choice."

"Dinner tonight? The four of us? Pizza, pasta and rom coms?" Hazel suggested.

"I'm in." I said.

"Me too." Allie nodded.

"Hell yes." Chelsea smiled.

A night with the girls had been amazing and genuinely boosted my mood. I was tired though. It was 1am and my eyes were burning so I got dressed and slid under the comfortable covers of my bed.

As I was trying to fall asleep I heard my phone buzz. Annoyed at the vibration I grabbed my phone to put it on do not disturb, but when the screen lit up I saw a text message from an unknown number.

"I'm outside if you want to meet me."

I sat up straight and squinted my eyes. I wasn't sure who was texting me. My first thought went to Adrianna, but it could've easily been George, or someone texting the wrong number.

I sat there for a while hesitant to go outside when I got another text.

"Our spot."

I knew immediately who it was.

Still with doubt in my mind I fixed my hair and made my way down. The tiredness had left my body as soon as I stepped out of the door.

As I walked outside a cool breeze hit my face. It was chilly but pleasant outside. The wind rustled the leaves in the tree. It was calming in a way. Soothing even.