Twenty-Five

Grayson Rhodes Taylor

"Good morning" Ambrosi greets as I trudge into the kitchen. It was far too early for me to be up, especially with the time difference but it was better than tossing and turning in bed, but I could hear Auriella and Ambrosi up so I decided to just head downstairs.

The penthouse was lit up in a golden glow as the sun was rising. The view out of the floor-to-ceiling windows here was breathtaking.

"Morning," I respond, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. Ambrosi had barely looked up from his laptop as I entered the room and never uttered any more words but his first few which I was appreciative of. I liked the guy but I was both too exhausted and anxious to bother with any chatting right now.

I look up from my phone as I hear rapid footfalls coming from the steps, Auriella was quickly descending the curved staircase carrying an endless pile of assorted things stacked one on top of the other. I immediately stand up and go to help her, taking the majority of the things out of her hands.

"Thank you." She breathed out quickly but never stopped moving. Not once in the few months, I had known her had I ever seen Auriella looking frazzled and it shook me, she was normally so calm, albeit her enthusiastic, bubbly personality. "I'm missing something."

Her gaze was frantically scanning around both the room and the pile of things she had accumulated looking for something.

"What?" I ask in an effort to be useful.

"I don't know?" She brushes her hair out of her face doing a once over the things again.

"Okay?" I look around too. "What do you need to take?"

"Model portfolios, outfit details, lists of hair and makeup artists. Fabric samples and vendor details." She lists off and flips through the files she was carrying, a frown forms on her face as she flips back before she sighs. "And I found what missing, thank you Gray was."

"Um, you're welcome." The statement comes out more as a question as I have no idea what I did but as long as I was a help. Auriella takes the stairs two steps at a time as she comes back with another binder to add to her dozen of them.

She buzzes around again still looking overwhelmed and I'm feeling lost on how to help but thankfully Ambrosi takes over.

"Ells sit and have breakfast please." He instructs without looking up from his computer screen and Auriella starts to protest. "Sit down Ella. You have a long day ahead of you and if I let you leave with your brain ticking how it is right now then your boyfriend will hunt me down. Your boyfriend had breakfast delivered for you."

Auriella rolls her eyes but rounds the counter and hugs Ambrosi's neck from behind and presses a quick kiss to his cheek. "Thank you, AJ."

Ambrosi doesn't say anything but I see a small smile rise onto his face as Auriella disappears and reappears holding a box filled with an assortment of things, I get offered some but I decline. Pastries before a day filled with basketball training aren't the best idea. I watch half amused as she digs into her breakfast, she wasn't looking at her phone or anything just fully absorbed in her food. The kitchen was silent as Auriella ate and Ambrosi worked on his laptop, I was absorbed back in my phone.