Nineteen

TW- mentions of human trafficking and abuse

Alexander Nathaniel Rozzi

As much as we needed a date night it was also a cover-up.

NITE was causing troubles and we needed space to sort it out without everyone breathing down our necks.

"Ready to go?" I called Ella. We had disappeared to our little house in the middle of nowhere when we got back from our flight. We had spent a couple of hours together in bed before we started work. We had to find information on what we were walking into which was easy enough, the hard part was reading through all the information I wish never happened.

Tonight we were busting a trafficking ring.

This wasn't new to us we had done it multiple times internationally, but there was an apprehension in both of us. We both had grown close to our family, and it left a deep pit in our stomach hearing there was a ring going down literally a forty-five-minute drive away from their home.

Ella came to the kitchen where I was waiting, her face solemn and focused. Despite both of us being on high alert, I still pulled her into my arms whispering about how beautiful she looked. Ella nuzzled her head into my shoulder, both of us sucking up our final moments of respite for the evening.

The dress code for tonight was black tie and that was how we dressed, I had on a three-piece all-black suit and Ella had a black floor length dress. We were the ones going in tonight and associating with the people, mingling around the auction area. We had a team surrounding us and we were both safe but we still took extra precautions, we both wore items specifically designed in a material that is more bulletproof than a regular outfit, and they were lined in some sort of fibre Ella had found, even though they were heavier and harder to wear we wanted to be safe. We had multiple weapons on us, none of which would be picked up by detectors thanks to our genius way of hiding them.

 We had multiple weapons on us, none of which would be picked up by detectors thanks to our genius way of hiding them

"Ready to go, Amore?" I ask and Ella nods, her heels clicking as we walk to our garage in silence. Both of us hated this, we loved helping people but we hated seeing this situation, it brought back memories we would prefer to leave in the past.