The Arrival of the Princess

Merlin sat, curious about what the Great Dragon had told him. The events that led to him becoming Arthur's manservant had already passed and now he was reflecting on what he was told.

*The Previous Night"

"How small you are for such a great destiny," the gigantic dragon said upon seeing the warlock.

"Why? What do you mean? What destiny?" Merlin asked, somehow not freaking out over a dragon appearing in front of him.

"Your gift, Merlin, was given to you for a reason," the dragon said.

"So there is a reason," Merlin said, more to himself.

"Arthur is the Once and Future King who will unite the land of Albion," the dragon announced.

"Right," Merlin says, not believing it.

"But he faces many threats from friend and foe alike," the dragon continued.

"I don't see what this has to do with me," Merlin admitted.

"Everything. Without you, Arthur would never succeed. Without you, there will be no Albion," the dragon told him.

"No. No, you've got this wrong," Merlin denied, shaking his head.

"There is no right or wrong, only what is and what isn't. You will receive help, but is not their destiny to help Arthur, just assist," the dragon said.

"But I'm serious! If anyone wants to go and kill him, they can go ahead. In fact, I'll give him a hand—what do you mean help?" Merlin started ranting before registering what the dragon had said.

"None of us can choose our destiny, Merlin, and none of us can escape it," the dragon said.

"No. No way. No. No. There must be another Arthur because this one's an idiot," Merlin said.

"Perhaps it's your destiny to change that, along with the Deathly Grimm," the dragon says, flying off.

Merlin looks up, "Wait! Wait! Wait, stop!" he calls urgently, "No, I-I need to know more!"

*Present*

"Deathly Grimm," Merlin mutters to himself and jumps when he heard a crash and found Gaius looking at him in shock. "Gaius?"

"Nothing," Gaius said, looking back at what he dropped and dropping down and gathering it up.

"You know that name," Merlin accused, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

"No, I don't," Gaius denied.

Merlin stood, "Then you know it's a name because you denied knowing the name and I know you are lying. What do you know, Gaius?"

Gaius sighed and looked back out before dragging Merlin back to his room, shutting the door and going to the back corner, "There are two kingdoms that are Uther's allies, but they are magical kingdoms, they allow and teach magic," Gaius revealed.

Merlin's eyes widened, "But why is Uther...?"

"He doesn't know it's magical. I don't know why Queen Lucretia and King Fleamont continue being allies with him. Queen Lucretia runs one kingdom while King Fleamont runs another, they don't discriminate on a man or a woman taking over," Gaius began.