Axel x Nichelle🌹

It was like 6 am when someone knocked rapidly on Nichelle's front door. She grimaced, trying to keep her eyes open. Nichelle slowly started getting up, her body felt pretty numb since she didn't get enough sleep. The person outside the door seemed pretty impatient as they rang the bell, gathering all the focus and attention from the house owner. Nichelle walked to the front door, leaning against everything that was nearby her to stay balanced. She turned a lock, the door swung open, revealing the guest. It was Axel, Nichelle's trainer since recently.

— «What took you so long?» - asked Axel, the anger was quite noticeable in her tone.

— «It's.. Isn't it like 6 am right now?» - said Nichelle, still rubbing her eyes.

— «Duh! You're acting like people don't get up at this time.»

— «Well, i personally don't. I get up at like 11 am, especially on weekends.»

— «Well it is about time you'd get up earlier. You want to become strong, don't you? And getting strong is gonna take a lot of time. When you wake up at 11 am, you're losing at least 5 hours of your day! At those 5 hours I've already done half of my tasks for the day!»

Nichelle felt a bit guilty about what Axel said. She wakes up very early in the morning, doing her daily tasks and seemingly not taking a break or even just having fun, while Nichelle would be lucky to get up before lunchtime. She really wanted to be like Axel, not only strong but also stubborn, determined, assertive and hardworking. But yet she's very egotistical and it's like she doesn't hear others  which makes Nichelle upset. Ignoring her thoughts, she told Axel to be back soon, as she was getting ready for the training.

Once Nichelle got ready, they both occured on the street. It was really sunny outside in Canada. Almost 30°C. And yet the weather doesn't stop Axel and Nichelle from running a mile across the neighbourhood. They were both running for at least 15 minutes already. Well, both running is quite stretched. Axel was indeed running, but Nichelle will soon start crawling, since she was super tired and desperately tried to catch up with her coach. At this point, she really regretted asking Axel to train her, to become better next season and in her career of course, yet Nichelle didn't think it would be this hard to just run around. It made her a bit sad, thinking she was this weak she took running as a difficulty. If it already is that hard, then how is she going to deal with definitely harder trainings?

— «A-Axel!...» - Nichelle said finally, catching her breath. Axel slowed down and turned around, raising her eyebrow. Nichelle was this close to completely fall down on her knees, so she gripped on Axel. — «Can- can't we just.. take a short break? I barely feel my legs...»

— «We've been running for 16 minutes, this is just the warm up!» - said Axel, looking on the timer she pulled out of her pocket.

— «Warm up?! When does the actual training start then?!»

— «Hey, every training, especially for your current body condition, needs warm up. And i planned to make it at least for 30 minutes. But you're already getting tired, and already asking for a break. For the warm up... I just can't believe it.»

— «I know, i know what you're trying to say. I'm weak, i am not doing much or good enough. I sometimes can't believe myself too, i know what you feel.» - Nichelle sat down on a nearby bench, covering her face and trying really hard to hold her tears.

Meanwhile Axel stared at her, judging yet feeling sympathetic. She's not usually the type of person to emotionally support someone, since she doesn't have much experience with that. Yet she sat down right next to Nichelle and wrapped her arm around her, preparing to make a speech.

— «I get that you feel sad that you're not as good as the other competitors. But that shouldn't put you even more down, instead use it as an instrument to grow. We, people, grow stronger when we face challenges and difficulties. So maybe you should wipe your tears off and just start working on your problem.» - motivationaly spoke Axel, extending her hand to Nichelle. She wiped her eyes and looked at it. Her eyes shined with new found motivation and hope. Nichelle humbly grabbed Axel's hand, feeling her heart beating at fast pace.

— «Thank you. I really needed to hear that.»

— «Now, since we took a short break, might as well get back to jogging.» - declared Axel, sternly looking into Nichelles eyes. Hesitating a little, she added:

— «Also... I'm sorry about some things I've told you. Now thinking about them, i have a feeling they sounded... pretty mean. I may need to be "nicer". But.. that doesn't mean the trainings will become easier.

Nichelle couldn't believe she heard that coming from Axel's mouth. She felt pretty flattered, knowing her trainer apologized for her actions. It's not a big deal, but for Axel it was something unique, she also sounded genuine. Nichelle couldn't keep it to herself and said:

— «Apology accepted. So glad you're taking responsibility for your words.» - Nichelle came up to her coach and lightly hugged her, having a little hesitation. After a few seconds, she broke the hug and saw Axel having a wide smile. Though she hid it immediately after Nichelle looked at her, she knew Axel was genuinely happy.

The training continued after a short while and both of the girls had smiles on their faces for the rest of the run.