Bad ending

Everyone made it out of the burning building. Yakov and I injured but nothing that wouldn't heal in time. None of us had any idea where we're going. Hopefully somewhere that people will help us.

"You've been studying your hands for a while. They won't heal sooner just because you're looking at them." I chuckled looking at Yakov.

"How are you holding up?" He glanced at my leg.

"As good as I can be." I shrugged.

Yakov shouldn't take long to heal considering his blood. But I will take a decent amount of time. Limping behind everyone made me feel weak. I guess I always have been weaker, especially considering what they went through.

"Need carried?" Ruf asked.

"Maybe in a bit." I mumbled embarrassed.

"Yakov! Carry your lover!" Ruf ordered.

"He said later, get better hearing." Yakov replied.

"He's obviously in pain, be nice!" Ruf smacked the back of Yakov's head.

"Whatever." He crouched down for me to get on his back.

Once on I wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. We continued walking through the forest. It feels like we're walking in circles because of everywhere we walk looks the same as before.

_______________________________________

A town was in sight far in the distance. We also heard distant yelling. None of us knew what they were doing. All we know is we finally have somewhere to rest. Suddenly one person walked out of the town coming towards us.

"I'll go speak to them, stay here." Oliver walked over to them.

The man seemed unarmed and friendly. He pulled out a knife and sliced Oliver's arm. We all gasped and stood in shock.

"Black blood!" He yelled.

Then he ran back to the town. People ran with weapons chasing us down. Oliver was the first gone. All of us ran in different directions. Me and Yakov were together at least. On my own legs though I wouldn't last long, and we both knew it.

"Hide." Yakov pushed me against a tree as people ran by us.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"You hide, I'll draw them away." He explained.

"Why not just hide together?"

"Because that increases the chance of being found."

Gunshots could be heard in the distance. Yakov grabbed my hand and pushed me against a rock. Then he covered me with sticks and moss. I didn't want to be left alone. Looking into Yakov's black eyes seemed to calm me though. He heard people running towards us.

"I love you, Nemo." He whispered and ran away.

Hearing the screams of my friends is something I don't think I'll ever forget. Fire was seen in the distance near the town, probably to make sure they're gone for good. One scream I didn't hear was Yakov's. When things began to die down I made it out of my hiding spot going in the direction Yakov ran. No body, no footprints, no noise. The only thing I found of his was the ring he was going to give me.
_______________________________________

Thanks for reading and voting. I'm sorry this took so long to come out. I hope you enjoyed this series, and I might make another book about guilty parade someday.