Should I trust you?

SPOILERS, but next chapter will be much worse so 🤷‍♀

"Nemo, how is the progress with your investigation?" Wagner asked me when I entered his office

"I'm not sure yet." I responded

"Just as I thought. Luckily everyone is doing drill training so use this time to look through the squad members belongings."

"There's probably nothing important. It's been a whole year since the crime occurred."

"Anything you find is important." He snarled

"Why do you even think any of them is connected to the crime?" I asked

"One time the General brought up Bernard Shultz to one of them. The rest has no meaning to you."

"Understood. I'll be leaving then." Wagner nodded as I left his office

If Wagner overheard a conversation between the General and one of my companions, why won't he say anything? He probably already knows who did it.

I walked down the stairs to the girls dormitory. It felt weird since I'm not really supposed to be here. But this is the only way to find the mystery out.

Opening the drawer next to Doris's bed I found a book, candy wrappers, but surprisingly pills. I opened the lid and it was full of red pills. There was no label on the side of the bottle.

Next the the bottle was a pile of bullets. I wouldn't be surprised if this was in Yakov's stuff, but being in Doris's was odd.

I walked over to another nightstand. On the top help cigarettes and an ashtray. This must be Helga's. I opened the drawer which held burn ointments, bandages, and a jar of pills. These ones were pink pills.

This last nightstand is probably Ruf's. Inside held different types of makeup. But I don't think Ruf wears makeup. I'm getting even more confused because there's a half empty jar of pills as well. These are grey, but why does everyone so far have pills?

Going across the hall I walked into the boys dormitory. Inside Yakov's drawer was gloves, blank papers with stamps, masks, and of course another bottle of black pills.

That day I was looking for Helga's cigarettes he was protective of his bed. I decided to check it, and inside his pillow was a page of Alchemy. It showed signs and what they meant. I decided to take it because the sign I'm looking for might be on the page.

Wolfgang's held exactly what I expected. Pens, paper, ink, and blue pills. There was a paper next to them though. It seemed like something was happening with Helga. Ruf came to visit her but Helga was scared of saying what was happening. Ruf promised to get her out of there. But what was truly happening?

Oliver's desk was very bare. A stack of books and a jar of pills. Hans had a green scarf, half smoked cigarette, and like everyone else a jar of green pills. Elias had eye drops, books of braille, and a jar of white pills.

There isn't much more to look for. All I know is something is weird that they're all taking different kinds of pills. Leaving the room I bumped into Yakov.

"What were you doing there?" He asked suspiciously

"Shouldn't you be at the drill training?" I asked

"I just came back, why do you look so frightened?"

"And where are the others?" I kept trying to avoid his questions

"They should be here shortly." He tilted his head at me

"What do you want Yakov?"

"We had a discussion yesterday and we've decided to help with your investigation." His eyelids narrowed