𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8

Chapter eight: 162 Candles

⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓

TᕼE OᒪᗪEᔕT ᗷᖇOTᕼEᖇ

Nathaniel entered the Boarding House after coming back from an early snack.

As he entered the parlor, Nathaniel heard Stefan laughing along with a familiar female voice.

The oldest brother raised an eyebrow and walked up the stairs.

While he walked toward Stefan's bedroom, Nathaniel felt another vampire presence and concluded that the female was a vampire.

Nathaniel stopped in front of Stefan's bedroom door and listened to the voices of Stefan and the female vampire after cancelling his presence.

"It's not exactly like I can go anywhere. And you, Damon and Nathaniel are the only ones with these nifty little daylight rings. I have a mood ring from '75! Trade ya?"

"Doesn't work that way and you know it."

"Yeah."

"Hey Lex. I'm really glad that you came here."

Nathaniel stopped listening as he turned around and left after finding out who the female vampire was.

Stefan's vampire friend: Alexia "Lexi" Branson.

TᕼE OᒪᗪEᔕT ᗷᖇOTᕼEᖇ

Damon walked into the parlor but stopped as soon as he saw Nathaniel sitting on a sofa drawing something on his sketchbook with a pencil.

Damon looked at his older brother before walking toward him.

"Big brother."

Nathaniel's pencil stopped as he looked up from his nearly finished drawing to his younger brother.

"Ianus. What are you doing here?"

"Just came back from a snack. What are you drawing?"

Nathaniel turned around the sketchbook and showed the drawing to Damon.

Damon looked at it before glancing at his older brother.

"That's me and Stefan... You drew us when we weren't around?"

The drawing showed Damon -on the right side of the sketchbook- having his arm around Stefan -who was on the left side- and they were smiling softly.

Nathaniel closed the sketchbook with the pencil inside before looking at Damon with a small smile.

"You and Stefan are my little brothers. You really think I would forget you."

Damon smiled after a few seconds.