𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2

Chapter two: The Night of the Comet

⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓

Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓞⓛⓓⓔⓢⓣ Ⓑⓡⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ

Nathaniel was in the Mystic Falls Hospital watching Jeremy, the doppelganger's little brother, who looked at Vicki worriedly.

It was not Nathaniel's intention to watch Jeremy, he just came to see if the girl would survive.

Unfortunately for him, the girl would survive.

A nurse passed him, then entered the girl's room, passing Jeremy.

The nurse checked Vicki's condition as she spoke to Jeremy.

"You can't be in here, hon. Visiting hours don't start till 9:00."

Jeremy looked at Vicki, before turning his attention to the nurse while the said nurse wrote on her notebood Vicki's condition.

"I just...how is she?"

"She's lost a lot of blood."

Jeremy looked at Vicki worried while the nurse turned her attention to the boy.

"Yeah, but she's gonna be ok, right?"

"She needs her rest. So you come back later. Come on."

Nathaniel watched as the nurse escorted Jeremy away from Vicki's room before disappearing as well.

Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓞⓛⓓⓔⓢⓣ Ⓑⓡⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ

Nathaniel was inside his personal office tring to listen to something interesting conversation.

He found one.

"I brought it. Told you."

""Wuthering Heights" by Ellis Bell. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name."

Stefan and Elena.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes at that.

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms. It was the time. Female writers weren't very accepted then."

"Where did you get it?"

"It is one of Nathaniel's books. It was passed down. Through the family. He likes to collect them."

"I should give him the book soon, right?"

"Yes, he gave me one week to bring the book back. So you have one week. And make sure to be careful with it. Or he will snap my neck."

Literally right.

"Okay, so one weeks. I can do that. I promise I'll give it back."

"Ok."