Chapter Forty Nine

I continued to look over the boat, toward the water to see if John B and Sarah were there while I still heard JJ fighting the man

"Lauren!" JJ shouted making me turn round to see the man coming towards me with a knife and when he swung it at me I managed to duck out of the way but before he could swing again JJ jumped on his back, trying to get the knife out of the man's hand which only resulted in him getting elbowed in the stomach.

The man swing for me again but I ducked again and it instead hit JJ knocking him off the boat and into the water.

"JJ!" I screamed watching him fall.

I turned around to the man and kicked him in the stomach causing him to fall and I took the opportunity to climb over the edge of the boat and jump into the water to go help him.

"JJ" I shouted swimming towards him.

When I reached him I grabbed his body and turned him around since he was face down in the water, but he was unconscious.

"JJ. Please," I cried tears now streaming down my face. "Help!" I yelled hoping one of our friends would hear us. "John B's coming, okay? He's coming to get us and you're gonna be okay. You're not allowed to die on me. John B!"

"JJ! Oh my god!" John B shouted when we came into view of the boat.

"Grab him," I told them which they did and helped us both onto the boat.

"Shit. Are you ok, what happened?" Sarah asked pointing to my black eye.

"Rafe happened," I said but I couldn't move from next to JJ. "JJ, wake up," I said shaking his shoulder.

"What the fuck?" Dayton said.

"No. No, no. Hey!" John B complained when the engine stopped.

"What's happening?" Kie asked

"We're stalling out," John B told everyone.

"You serious? We're sitting ducks, man," Pope told him.

"No shit!" I shouted stressing over the situation and my heart dropped when I looked up and saw Rafe pointing a gun at us. "Guys. We need to go," I said

"He's pointing at us! Hurry!" Pope rushed John B

"We gotta go!" Sarah shouted.

"Dude, go!" Dayton and Cleo yelled.

"Wake up," I repeated shaking JJ.

Looking at his unconscious body made me feel like I wanted to throw up again and the fact that Rafe was currently pointing a gun at us made me feel worse. Over everyone's shouting I heard the engine start again and e started moving which made me feel slightly better.

"He's not gonna do it," I mumbled watching Rafe put the gun down but still watching us go. "He doesn't want to," I whispered to no one in particular.

"JJ, you gotta wake up," John B joined in shaking JJ.