Chapter Twenty Three

I woke up to the sound of JJ shouting my name, I coughed up water and he patted my back and had his arms around me

"Shit, Davis you nearly give me a heart attack," JJ sighed in relief.

"Dude, I was the one that nearly drowned how do you think I feel?" I laughed looking up at him and he cracked a smile.

"Uh-huh, you nearly died and you decide to make jokes," JJ said looking down at me.

"Of course I am, at least I've got a story to tell the kids," I said standing up. "Gross, I need a shower," I said and the three pogues laughed at me.

•________________•

Shoupe looked at the gun we had put on his desk and then he looked up giving us a confused look.

"So y'all are telling me this is the firearm, Rafe Cameron killed Peterking with?" he asked.

"That's exactly what we're telling you," JJ said.

"And the same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin," Pope finished.

"And where's that corpse again?" Shoupe asked.

"Didn't you look?" I asked him sitting down on a chair in his office.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out," Shoupe told us all.

"He was out?" Kie said raising her voice.

"No shit! 'Cause he's dead!" JJ shouted.

"Just because he wasn't at his damn home, does not mean he was a victim of a homicide," Shoupe said.

"Are you kidding me?" JJ mumbled taking his hat off.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit?" Kie asked, "Or are you just gonna sit on your ass?"

"He'll sit there and was that damn moustache. Is that even real?" JJ shouting making me laugh. But shoupe didn't find it funny because he stood up and opened his door gesturing for us to go.

"Get out. I got work to do," he spoke out.

"Of course, you have," I scoffed shoving my way past him.

•________________•

I was currently taking a shower at the chateau while JJ was chilling in his room.
We had gone separate ways to Pope and Kie since we were all exhausted and I desperately needed a shower. As the hot water ran down my body, I remembered the events of today. Me and JJ we're finally making progress in not hating each other.

I didn't wanna go home so JJ suggested to me about staying at the chateau and I instantly agreed.

Once I had stepped out of the shower I grabbed a towel to wrap around my body when I realised I had no clothes with me, the ones I had were dirty from today.

"JJ!" I shouted still in the bathroom.

"Everything okay?" he asked from his room which was right next to the bathroom.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked hoping he'd say yes. When I didn't hear him say anything I assumed he'd say no but there was a knock on the bathroom door JJ opened it and passed me one of his shirts and boxers. "Thank you," I said taking the clothes out of his hand.

"You're welcome," he smiled at me.

"Can you leave so I can get changed?" I asked looking at him through the mirror.

"Why? It's nothing I haven't seen before," he smirked.

"Fine," I said and I saw his jaw drop when I dropped the towel to the floor and put his shirt over my head, I made sure to give him a good view when I put his boxers on.

I looked at him through the mirror and he was no longer and the door, instead, he was behind me and his hands gripped the counter, caging me in.

"Fuck sake Lauren," JJ sighed leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Like you said. It's nothing you haven't seen before," I smirked at him and he moved his hands to my waist and I felt him starting to kiss my neck.

I tilted my head giving him more access and in reply, he put his hand on my neck to keep me in place while he kissed my neck, and it didn't take long for him to find my sweet spot which made me gasp but I quickly bit my lip stopping any moans coming out.

"Stop biting your lip," he told me. "There's no one here except me and you, princess," he smirked. With his hand still on my neck, he moved my head so I was now looking straight at him.

I saw him look between my eyes and my lips and when he made eye contact with me as if to ask 'can I kiss you' I nodded and he leaned in, connecting our lips.

What started as a slow kiss quickly turned into a hungry one. He bit my lip and when I gasped he wasted no time in slipping his tongue into my mouth. I lopped my arms around his neck and with his hands still on my waist he picked me up and put me on the counter so he stood in between my legs.

I grabbed his hair and pulled slightly causing him to groan which turned me on even more.

I pulled away from the kiss and rested my forehead on his.
"What are we doing JJ? I thought you hated me" I asked him trying to catch my breath.

"I could never hate you," he told me tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for ditching you all" I apologised. I don't regret it because at the time I thought it was the right thing but now I don't know.

"I get it," he said and then he put his hands under my thighs and picked me up so I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He put me on the bed and climbed in next to me and rested his head on my chest so I played with his hair.

"Goodnight, princess," he said giving me a quick kiss before going back to lying on my chest.

"Goodnight blondie," I smiled and drifted off to sleep.