Chapter Twenty Nine

"You staying here tonight?" Enzo asked me

"Yeah, might as well," I told him and as I finished my sentence Dayton walked into my room.

"Uh, there's someone here that wants to talk to us," he said with a straight face.

"Why? Everything okay?" I asked him and he shook his head and gestured for us to follow him downstairs.

"What the hell?" I mumbled when me and Enzo walked downstairs to see Shoupe and Thomas sitting on the couch.

"Uh, sit down we need to talk to you," Shoupe said softly to us and we sat on the couch opposite them waiting for them to explain why they were here.

"Why're you here?" I asked him and he just looked down.

"We just got word that uh. There's been an accident with your dad," Shoupe said and the rest of his words were muffled because I zoned out not believing a word he was saying.

"I gotta go," I said walking out of the house and ignoring Dayton calling me back.

•_____________•

"JJ! You home?" I asked knocking on the door to JJ's house but there was no answer. "JJ!" I shouted.

I sat down on the porch, waiting for him to come home. The only person that I wanted was JJ, he was the only person that could make me feel better.

Flashback

"Dad seriously?" I laughed. My family and I were at the beach and my dad made me go into the sea with him and we were currently knee-deep in the ocean when he splashed me.

"What? You can't go to the beach without having fun in the sea!" he laughed splashing me again except this time I splashed him back and he probably exaggerated it, but he fell into the water and came back up with a massive grin on his face. "I see how it is," he smiled standing up and he put me in a headlock pushing me headfirst into the water.

I came back up laughing and trying to push my now wet hair out of my face.

"You both look like shit!" Dayton laughed swimming over to us.

"And you don't," dad said pushing Dayton into the water which ended up with them both wrestling trying to get each other underwater.

I laughed at the pair of them and we stayed in the sea until the sun began to set and that's when we sat on the sand watching the colours fade.

"When I die, I'm gonna make sure there's one hell of a sunset," I said looking at the sky.

"That's depressing," Dayton chuckled.

"No, when I die I want there to be a banging sunrise. That would be awesome," dad said standing up. "Come on, we should go before your mother decides to leave us on the street," he told us and we all started walking back to him still gazing at the sunset that was starting the fade away.