Chapter 10: The Cliff I Drift

Start from the beginning

"Their going over her lines" (Editor, said)

The skinny man with a black weather coat holding a script pointed towards a woman and a young woman who sat on the tiny black-brown rock that had green grass growing on top of it.

Chu Chi, the famous actress who wore a red elegant fur coat that went down to her ankles matched up with black leather gloves and leather boots.

Chu Chi tilted her head with her wrapped silk scarf around her head looking down with her designer sunglasses.

"How many times have I told you, it's not for you to decide." (Chu Chi, said)

"I own you" (Chu Chi, said)

"Without me, you wouldn't be alive, the least you could do is be thankful and do everything this good mother requests you to do" (Chu Chi, said)

Her red lips moved as she raised her voice pointing at Haera Chu with her black leather gloves.

Haera Chu, a nineteen-year-old young woman with long black straight hair and light blue eyes looked up at her in a Korean school light blue, dark blue, and white colored uniform.

She shivered sitting on top of the cold grass rock as her skirt flapped because of the winds, luckily she had been gripping onto it not to display any more skin.

"But mother...that's a really high cliff please I really don't want to jump" (Haera Chu, said)

She said timidly as her shoulders shrank in fear her mother would sneak in a hit.

"I've done everything mother, I studied the script, so please can you tell the producer if I can do the jump from one of the shorter cliffs?" (Haera Chu, asked)

She said as she continued to shiver trying to hold on to the ends of her skirt and the script with her half-frozen fingers.

'I'm so cold...mother said I couldn't wear a coat because I hadn't earned it till I read her the script without looking at it..' (Haera Chu's inner thoughts)

"..." (Chu Chi)

She looked at Haera Chu with suspicious eyes.

Then her eyes eased and pulled up her black shade sunglasses moving up to cover her eyes.

"You are jumping from that cliff, it's my final decision" (Chu Chi, said)

"I didn't waste money for you to come out this useless, so put those teaching lessons to use and don't do anything stupid to embarrass me or else you'll see what waits for you when we get home" (Chu Chi, said)

She looked down at Haera Chu.

'I had very few swimming lesson classes a jump like that, furious waves...I won't be able to do it' (Haera Chu's inner thoughts)

'Even if the waves were calm I was not a very good swimmer...you should know that too mother' (Haera Chu's inner thoughts)

She shivered more with a bitter expression as Chu Chi looked down at her.

Even though Chu Chui's sunglasses covered her eyes Haera Chu knew her mother was looking at her with cold eyes.

"Get up and get ready to shoot, don't keep wasting time" (Chu Chi, said)

Chu Chi said annoyed as she turned to walk away.

'...' (Haera Chu)

She slowly got up still holding onto her skirt.

"Umm...Mother" (Haera Chu, said)

She hesitated as she called Chu Chi.

'Halt'