Chapter 6

I carefully crept out of the hospital cot, my left hand against the wall for support. I stopped next to a nearby sink and splashed my face with cold water. That's when I noticed that my right hand was in a cast. The coin Athena gave me was in my pocket. I looked up at the mirror above the sink and stared at my reflection. I had messy brown hair and blue gray eyes. Like most people in my village I had a Mediterranean complexion. Kayla used to tell me that I looked a lot like my dad, except according to pictures I've seen he had blonde highlights in his hair. I walked over to the cot and sat down with my back against the headboard. I looked around the infirmary. There were several cots in a row against one wall, separated by enchanted green curtains that prevented noise from traveling from one room to another. Each room had a sink in one corner with a medicine cabinet in the opposite corner. As I considered waking up Luke and Kayla, someone walked into the infirmary. "James? Are you awake?" Madelynn whispered. "Yeah, I'm awake." I whispered back. She walked over and sat down next to me. We spoke in hushed tones so as to not wake up Luke and Kayla. "I'm glad you're ok. How's your hand?" she asked. "It's fine, I was so full of adrenaline earlier I couldn't feel the pain." I said. The two of us spent a few hours talking but eventually we fell asleep.