Chapter 3

As we got ready for dinner, I stuck Madelynn's journal in my pocket so I could return it. I quickly put my windbreaker back on, and the three of us ran to the mess hall. As soon as we walked into the mess hall, it was like a madhouse. There were ten rows of twenty circular tables each. The whole place was like a planetarium. Fire elementals were lobbing orbs of white-hot fire at each other and water elementals were freezing peoples feet to the ground. Storm elementals were flying around, passing notes from one side of the room to the other. Then out of nowhere, I felt a tug on the back of my shirt, I was lifted off the ground and so was Jackson. I looked up and saw we were being carried across the room by a girl who looked a lot like Catherine, except this girl had golden brown hair and electric blue eyes. She stopped mid-air and asked "Which one of you is James?" I raised my hand. "Im James, this is my friend Jackson. But that other guy you left behind is also my friend. But why are you carrying us around the room? Who are you?" I said. "Im Grace, princess of the storm realm. And a friend of mine wants to see you." she said. She flew at sonic speed to a table at the opposite end of where we had entered and dropped me and Jackson into chairs then she flew off and dropped David down next to Jackson then she sat on the other side of him. I looked over and saw that I was sitting right next to Madelynn. "Oh! You forgot this when we ran into each other earlier." I dug into my pocket and brought out her journal. "Thank the gods, I've been looking all over for this! Thanks James." She then kissed me on the cheek. I'm ninety percent sure I blushed. Then I noticed another girl on the other side of Madelynn. She had sea blue eyes, blonde hair, and clear glasses. She was wearing black jeans, a dark blue hoodie, and a silver circlet around her head in a wave design. "Princess Trinity?" I asked her. "Yep, Princess Trinity Kennel of the water realm." She said, rolling her eyes. "And I'm princess Grace Adams of the storm realm." said the girl who had flown us across the room. The six of us spent the rest of the time talking and eating dinner.

As we headed out of the mess hall, Madelynn grabbed my hand and pulled me aside. "James, I have a bad feeling. It's like something bad is about to happen." She said, She looked down and realized we were still holding hands. We quickly pulled away our hands and we blushed. Then the ground began to shake as if an earthquake was happening. "AH!" me and Madelynn fell into each other's arms awkwardly and everyone was running around in a panic. That's when I heard the squeal of doom.