Chapter 45

Author's Note~~~

Warning: this chapter can be quite triggering to read since it talks about physical abuse and rape.

To all my lovely readers out there, if you or someone you know has experienced either of these things, don't be afraid to reach out for help. However, remember that patience is crucial to healing. Don't push yourself too hard and don't let someone force you into opening up when it's your story to tell, not theirs.

And for those of you that need to hear this...nobody deserves to be abused. It's not your fault.

Please read with caution and remember that I'm sending love to each and every one of you.

I wake up to find that Kieran's alarm clock reads 3 a.m.

A flashback of being in the institute at this same exact time rattles my mind. It's almost like I can hear the bell ringing for breakfast that consists of a nauseating cup of blood.

I try to subtly shift off of Sunny but that's before I realize that he still has a secure grip on my waist. I glance down at his face and he is still peacefully sleeping with a full head of frizzy curls.

He's honestly been the best thing I could ever ask for. Not once has he pressured me about what went down with Mr. Acheron and why I ran away. Instead, he has just been there for me with open arms, which is all I need right now. He understands me better than anyone I know, and I love him for being the person I trust to take care of me when I'm not doing too good.

That being said, I feel guilty. I feel guilty that he is so clueless in all of this. I know I don't really owe it to him to talk about my past, but I trust him with all I have. I know that he would never make fun of me for the things I endured and how I reacted. I also know he would never repeat the information to a soul if I asked him to conceal it. My heart wants me to keep that information locked away forever, but if I don't tell him now that my mind is made up, I'm never going to do it.

Mr. Acheron, your evils will now be known by another person. There's no more hiding inside the institute since you subjected yourself to the modern world just to fuck with me. The mortal world will eat you alive.

"Sunny," I say softly, palming his cheek. "Sunny, wake up."

He only shifts a little bit. I feel bad about waking him up so early when I know how much his precious beauty sleep means to him. However, I'm ready to retell the horror that has revisited me through my nightmares almost every night. I'm ready to tell my story that I never thought I'd have the strength to share. Most importantly, I'm ready to let everything go at the hands of the love of my life. I want him to know every part of me.

"Hey, wake up," I say a little louder, shaking his shoulder.

After a few seconds, he finally stirs. One eye pops open to see me leaning over him.