Chapter 7 | Enter the Vortex

"Courtney, where are they?" a tall pixie-cut blonde says as she walks down to the car park to find out what her friend had claimed to see.

"I don't know where they left but it seemed like the Price girl was with them-" began a smaller, black haired girl walking up to her

"For fucks sake! Mark gets a thing for Max Caulfield and she ditches him. What does that girl think she's doing"

"Victoria... You know that she and Rachel are-" Once more, Courtney was cut off.

"I don't care! Whatever Rachel Amber has said to her has ruined her perception on things. Now, I have to get close to her and fix whatever mess she made."

Not with just what she's insited Mark to be like, if she realises that Nathan was involved as well... He'd be in jail and I can't let that happen. Oh Maxine, you're going to get a brain check.

-----------------------------------

The three girls rode along towards Chloe's house and left Max in the dark to what was happening. All she knew was that if she and Jefferson did do the one to one private lessons, she'd end up like how Rachel was.

Rachel didn't want Max to end up the way she did, in her perspective, she thought she loved Mr Jefferson as a career booster and flirted with him. After a while, he flirted back and made... interesting remarks. He kidnapped her and made her do sick poses for his private hobby, he had someone else with him to do the drugging and nearly messed up. Nearly killing her.

That was a small detail she didn't mention to Max nor Chloe and she didn't want either to know about it. It was already traumatising enough for her to experience it, if Chloe heard it then she'd know that the blunette would stop at nothing to get 'revenge'.

"So... You two are just taking me to Chloe's to hide out..?" Max asked innocently, she had no clue anymore.

"Yeah. Just for a little bit. You can't stay at Blackwell and you're always welcome at mine" Chloe replied and shrugged, parking the car into her space infront of the house.

"Cool... U-uh..." Max mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck slightly and Rachel sighed out, "I haven't been to your house yet- It... It looks the same"

She smiled softly, remenicing over the last time she and Chloe were here. Even if it seemed the same, she felt Chloe shiver slightly.

"Its home shit home at least" the punk grumbled and left the car, the other two left it shortly afterwards and they all walked towards the Price's house. As the three were walking closer, Max noticed that the paint on the house was half finished; exactly like how it was when William died. Her expression saddened slightly, Rachel noticed.

They all went inside and stopped at the landing, Chloe wondered through the house to determin if anyone was home and Max looked at the noticeboard filled with old photos of when they were younger. The model stood behind Max and put her hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"Y'know... Chloe's never told me what these mean" Rachel said softly, tilting her head as Max turned to see her,

"She hasn't?", Rachel shook her head, "Oh- Okay. This one is from when Chloe and I were at the park closest to my house after school, William was watching us and I was pushing her on the swings. William had his disposable camera on him and took a picture of it... I remember what he said after taking it; 'I just hope that this photo will be as good as yours Max' and he ruffled my hair..."

Max smiled softly at the memory and remembered William, she hadn't fully processed everything that happened five years ago and felt a sudden feeling of guilt. She knew that she shouldn't be feeling like this right now, her thoughts should be on where Chloe went. Yes. Where Chloe went.