Chapter 6 | Jefferson's Lesson

The night went on and the two were disgussing what lessons they had tomorrow, Photography was the last lesson of the next day so they shared the lesson as well as the two wanting to talk more during breaks and lunchtime. Rachel said that she had a free period whilst Max had maths so that would make her have to go to drama and practice her performance then.

Their positions were close onto one another, Max near the wall and Rachel near the edge. The bed was smaller then Rachel's due to her bed being the one provided by Blackwell and Rachel's being bought.

Yawning, Max looked at her phone to check the time and saw that it was nearly twelve. Past her reserved bedtime and she facepalmed herself in her head, she looked at Rachel who was looking at Max's laptop screen as they were watching some small documentry the model was apart of last summer.

"I'd love for you to join in with me in a play one day Maxie" Rachel sighs out and closes the lid,

"Hm..?" Max says, "Me? Performing with you?"

"Yeah. You're pretty, can act, and you would do amazing if you have the confidence"

"That's a... nice thing to say... But no thanks. I'm not into going infront of tons of people and saying lines I've probably forgotten half of"

"Your loss" the blond smirks and tilts her head, "You tired?"

"A little, I really should be asleep now"

"Oh of course, do you want me to head out?"

"You- You can stay if you want?" Max began fiddling with her hair slightly, just expecting Rachel to leave or laugh in her face.

"I'll stay then" Rachel smiled blissfully, wanting to be there with her friend and hopefuly falling asleep together again, "I can move to the futon if you want space"

"No. No... This is fine" The photographer laid down next to Rachel and turned herself to face her, Rachel smiled softly in response and moved the laptop to the floor.

Moving herself, she laid down and looked over at the freckled girl. The lighting in the room was of nothing but the small lanterns over Max's photo wall, they weren't very bright but still lovely to look at. The colours of Max's eyes were brighter and Rachel felt an imense admoration for them, her hand went over to Max's face and she stroked her brown hair softly.

"Goodnight Max.." she whispered, Max smiling slightly back and replying,

"Goodnight Rachel."

They both fell asleep shortly afterwards.

-------------------------

Awakening in Max's room, Rachel felt a weight over her chest and she moved her arms to feel what was on it. A brunette was holding onto her, arms over her waist and head nuzzled into her chest.

I swear. If this girl does not know what she does to me then she's fucking messing with me. She's adorable... Rachel thinks and blushes a little, holding onto Max back and stroking the brown locks infront of her.

Sighing lightly, the Max in her arms woke up slowly. Her blue eyes slowly opened up and she nuzzled into Rachel more.

"Mmning.." the model barely heard and chuckled,

"Morning to you Max.."

"ohshit" Max muttered and got up, she seemed embarassed that it was the second time she'd woken up like this, "I'm sorry Rachel-"

The blond tutted and put a finger over Max's mouth and smiled, "I told you yesterday, it's alright. Trust me."

"O-okay..."