To Stop Her

Kera felt weird every time her father could catch glimpse of her soul wandering. She flew away to Jack's house and gave him a sign of her presence by touching his face. Kera? he said and sat down, he couldn't see or touch her, but he knew she was there. Jack told her that he will sleep in a moment and after an hour as he slept Kera entered his dream realm.

I started to Lucid dream, thanks to you! said Jack but then noticed that Kera was acting weird. Something wrong he asked? 

I'm just flustered by these realms Jack! there are soo many places I have access to. There is whole another universe, but I can't stay long in there because I belong to this one and I'm still not strong enough. 

Kera! are you disappearing? asked Jack 

Oh Jack! so you could see!

Don't we have some other way? another miracle??? Jack was worried and his voice started to crack up. 

Jack calm down! You will collapse your dream. I'm alive in everyone's dream and the walking life as a soul but I guess here too in this astral state, I'm powerless. Before my soul vanishes into something new or maybe entirely gone, I want my revenge. Kera cared his face saying 'You really are my best friend! thank you for helping me!'

Kera! Jack started to break down because he knew she will be gone entirely this time. You will always be my best friend and I hope you just enter a whole new world where you find your happiness. Take care Kera! 

I have to go now! she said and hugged Jack tightly knowing there is probability of her vanishing entirely as this is what universe is. You have to give up your energy to the universe who has given birth to you. 

{ Kera's parents room} 

Another night again I woke up again from a bad dream and started to breath heavily. I have to stop her I knew but in my very feelings, I had thoughts of her. She sometimes remarks me I thought; I was also passionate about writing, I used to write small paragraphs, poems, my life story, I really don't remember when I stopped. She remarks in a way when I realized she wanted to be away from her own family. I had cut off my duty and relation with my family members, only sometimes we get on call but every time they needed me, I was there with my money not myself. 

I helped my older brother's children to grow well, gave them food and everything and Kera too grew up with them but there was a huge difference among them. Kera knew too that her cousins are more like sons to me than her. I always wanted a son, an older son to take after my steps but then I had a daughter!

Surely! no choice left for me, but I did love her when she used to steal mango slices from my plate! when she used to lick salts and chaat masala under the table. When she was little, sleeping between me and my wife. Now I ask myself when did I forgot this daughter? 

Maybe the time when she was seven and ran away with my wife to the hometown, maybe after that I changed because I used to think that she is taken after mother now, but I was wrong, it was me who distanced myself from her. When she was a teenager, I did have saw her crying by my bed as she gave me foot massage listening to a music but some other times to, but I never cared to ask her or comfort her because I never knew how to or maybe because I'm a monster. 

Later I had a son till after that Kera has been rebellious to the household. She didn't want to follow my footstep or the dreams I have set up. She wanted to follow her stupid dreams, her stupid desire to be free. Now she is rebelling again to me, but I will win surely! because I have always been stronger than her and I always had my dream set up unlike her who didn't know what to do with life, so she took it away. 

I thought to sleep but my wife woke up. So! she is haunting you too I said to her, and she started to cry telling 'It's not my fault! it's not my fault.' 

Stop your crying! it won't get you anything! What did she say? I asked

She said so horrible things! she said I'm not a good mother but a threat and pain she had to keep up with all these years. She is! she is! killing me in dreams! It's all painful! PAINFUL! She is haunting us!!! how do we stop it!!! how do we stop it!!!

My wife started to lose herself, calling her brother and talking to other family members. Few told to worship to few specific gods, few told black magic, and few told it was our fault. Our fault? how is that possible? that teenager! if she had listened to me till every step she had taken, she would have been great!

I had a sudden jolt in my body as I stood up. Ah! what's happening? I lost my conscious. Next thing I could remember is waking up in a hospital bed. What? I never been to hospital like that before. My nephews came and asked me if I'm having some kind of trouble because doctor said I have been in lot of stress and my brain couldn't take everything at once. 

 I will be fine!!! I said and got my discharge. I have been thinking that much I thought. Misa and I visited Jack's house next day. Misa grabbed Jack's collar in sorrow and said Am I a terrible mother?

He without any facial expression said Yes! you are!!!

Clove came in between, Jack's mom and told him to be polite. We saw Ruby too there and a new face. Who is He I thought but got diverted as Jack with his shameless attitude asked what we want. You have answers! We know it! you know everything whatever it's going on.

Just give her what's she wants said that new face

Who are you? 

Your Daughter's boyfriend sir!