Chapter Two - Greeting

A whole year had passed.

As usual, you were the last one awake. Your siblings were already out and about. Hope was playing with some of the Barbaloots, Toronto was hanging out and Macie was at work. Your mom had a couple of fruits ready for you which you took and ate as you walked outside.

You had never seen nor imagined a place as amazing and beautiful as this. The long grass was so bright it was difficult to look at. The Truffula trees painted the sky with their fluffy tufts of fuzz. Animals such as the graceful swomee swans made every bit of it even livelier.

You continued biting your plum, then trotted along a path that led to your favorite tree, one at the very edge of the forest.

This tree was bigger than most, and very pretty. You knew it was right by the road, but that just meant greeting all the people who came along. Plus you could see everything from the top.

"Look at her. So simple and fragile." Destiny gushed from the highest mountain across the most powerful god (Dr. Seuss's) land.

"The boy is perfect for her. Ambitious and easily manipulated by his emotions. He can show her the bad things of the world with his fate." Truth chimed from next to Lie.

"Ambition and fragility don't always go together well.." Destiny murmured.

"Relationships don't always work." Fate countered. Everyone went silent after that.

"Well, then let's hurry up with it!" Lie hissed impatiently.

Fate nodded.

Onceler was busy talking to Melvin the Mule. But then Fate cut in. He decided to look up against his will to see what he was gonna live with.

Then he saw you.

He was glad to see there was another person around, but he was also mystified. You had the most beautiful e/c eyes and h/c hair that blew like you were in front of a fan.

Just then, you noticed him too. And you were just as mystified, maybe more.

You didn't just see a tall, fedora wearing guy. Oh no. You saw his soft but glimmering ocean eyes that sparkled like glitter. You saw his jet black hair, something you had desired for a long time. You saw a goofy and adorably shocked look on his face.

At the sight of one another you both reddened.

(Hell nah, he would run off quicker than my sister when my mom has the belt. I am a troll 💀)

You climbed down from the tree and slowly walked over. You finished your plum and fed the remains to the mule. He made happy noises and you pet him. Then you looked at the boy.

"So, who're you? I haven't seen you around." You stated, holding out your hand to help him off his cart, like the gentle lady you were.

He stared at you, frozen for a moment before he smiled and cleared his throat.

"Uh, Melvin the Mule- I mean Onceler. The one and only. And you are-?"

You chuckled a bit, and he got even redder. Oh my Suess, that was the cutest laugh he'd ever heard.

(Me: sounds like a hyena on crack with a respiratory problem*)

"Y/N L/N. Hm, Onceler? I can turn that into something... What about... Once?"

"By Suess. Nicknames already? I dunno, Fate, this relationship is already taking the turn we want it too." Truth said softly.

"Be quiet, I want the readers to read the story, not our dumb gossiping of the mortals!" Fate seethed, being the awesome Boomer she was.