His Memories

"Oh I see. So the 'haku' in 'Hakuji' comes from the 'Koma' in 'Komainu'. Oh, okay. You are the same as me then, huh. There is something you have to protect like a komainu guarding a shrine." The old man chuckled as he sipped on the water he got from the well.

'My master, who wasn't even a samurai, still managed to obtain this land and dojo. When he saved an old man who was getting attacked by bandits, the old man was fascinated by his soryuu technique and he handed over the land and old dojo since he had no successors. But there were people who wanted the land and dojo for themselves and they weren't happy. The kenjutsu dojo next door harassed the soryuu dojo. Because of that, the soryuu dojo never had any pupils but the training here and nursing Koyuki and having Y/n observe me while I train healed my heart.'

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Koyuki was fast asleep in her futon with the two being by her side. "Say, [name], what would you do if you became a demon?" She frowned at his question. "Why would you ask me that? Are you planning on biting me with your fangs or something?" Hakuji rapidly shook his head in disagreement. "No, no, nothing like that. I am merely curious."

"Well, mister curious, I would kill myself." His pupils dilated at her straightforwardness. "What? Why?" "Demons are bad and they devour people. You see, I love my sister dearly. If I become a demon, I will forget she is my relative and murder her for her blood. Demons are cruel even though I understand that they eat blood to survive." She sighed and shrugged. "What would you do? Knowing you, you would for sure grasp the opportunity to become stronger."

Her statement brought a slight smile on his face. "I would simply devour the humans. I would show no mercy." "You? You are too cute for that. But if you do become a demon, promise me one thing, will you? Do one favor for your friend right here!" "Okay, what is it?" She looked to her left and to her right, narrowing her eyes. "Only eat people that bring injustice to the world. No offense, but they are mostly men. Please, help yourself with the ones that are tormenting our dad too."

After that, Hakuji had promised himself two things if he was to ever turn into a demon:

1. His source of food would be unfair human beings
2. His source of food would only be men

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Hakuji filled a glass with water and popped the pills in, letting them dissolve so Koyuki could swallow them easier. It was nearly time for her to take her medicines anyways and since [name] was busy with cleaning the house, he took the initiative to feed her older sister himself, not wanting to add more work to the female's list. After all, he wanted her to be healthy and not overwork herself.

As soon as he entered the room, Koyuki broke into a fit of coughs. Hakuji didn't know whether it was her gulping down her saliva in the wrong way or if it was her sickness kicking in yet he wasn't willing to risk her dying in order to find out so he did the only thing he could think of.

[name] had finished hanging up the wet clothes and decided to check up on her sister. Upon doing so, she really wished that she hadn't. Hakuji was on top of Koyuki, kissing her. The plate she had prepared for them slipped from her grip and collided with the floor with a loud thud.

Hakuji snapped his head towards the sound. "[name], wait! It's not what it looks like. Let me explain." Tears threatened to spill her [eye color] orbs howbeit she surpressed them with a bitter smile.

"There is no need for that, Hakuji san. It isn't like we are together or anything. Treat Koyuki well, please." She bowed and left the room hurriedly, locking herself up in her room. Hakuji, on the other hand, was going to go after her but Koyuki held him back by intertwining her fingers with him and pulling him down on the floor.