These helmets and vests are the same as the ones given to the Red Cross a year before the Austronesian Civil War. Since the Red Cross doctors and medics would have to pick up wounded civilians and soldiers from the front lines, their own protection was also a top priority for high command. For this reason, they started selling used, undamaged combat gear to the doctors of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, which minimized the casualties on the Red Cross' side. The only problem is that those are Kevlar helmets from the early versions developed in the early 90s, which means they're very lightly armored and are not as effective as their latest variants, which means they offer less protection. Since the doctors are so persistent in risking their lives to save the innocents, in the UN's eyes, they are the same as pests. For the UN, anyone who assists the civilians of an inferior nation, is equally inferior, and that includes the Red Cross and Red Crescent. As much as it sounds cruel, that's the harsh reality about the so-called human rights. So if they are so persistent, why not let them waste their lives anyway? They keep the good stuff for themselves while they let the doctors and medics risk their lives with the much more inferior stuff.

DS approacehes the three girls and hands over the equipment.

-'I want you three to wear these', he says as he hands over the helmets and vests one by one. 'I'm very concerned about your safety, so I want you to protect yourselves at all costs'.

-'Is that really necessary?', asks Universal, as she inspects the helmet. 'We haven't been hit by any bullets so far, and we always made it through our battles'.

-'It is necessary', replies DS. 'Unlike other helmets and vests, these ones are made of Kevlar, the toughest and most advanced material by modern standars. As we say in the Red Cross, better safe than sorry'.

-'And what about you?', asks Universal. 'Don't you have any armor?'.

-'Nah, I don't really need one', replies DS again. 'My hazmat suit is also bulletproof, so I don't really have to worry about getting hit'.

-'Interesting', says Universal. 'We might as well have to make our own hazmat suits'.

-'Yeah but there's a problem there', continues DS. 'You see, a hazmat suit is made to protect mainly from diseases, toxic chemicals, and fire, not from bullets. My suit is a level A+ suit, the toughest and most advanced variant. Suits like mine are made of fabric and rubber, and I don't mean the fabric used to make clothes or the rubber used to make car tires'.

-'Oh, I see', says Universal with a rather frustrated voice tone. Having seen the success of DS' hazmat suit so far, she couldn't help but be impressed by how durable and successful it has been so far in protecting him. She probably thought that she could also modernize her faction by making a similar suit as the first step. Unfortunately, the rubber and fabric DS speaks of has not yet been invented, so if she does manage to make a protective suit, it probably won't be as good as DS'. Unless DS himself can help them with the construction of it.

-'I can make some suits for you three when we get back if you want', says DS.

-'That would be of big help', says Bulin.

-'That's settled then. Anyway, should we get going?', asks DS.

-'Right away', replies Universal.

With the three ambulances and the the two fire trucks loaded on board DS' ship, the convoy departs, leaving behind the youngest sister and the remaining 34 Red Cross vehicles to guard the island. They can't all leave the base, as that would mean it would be unguarded and unprotected against enemy attacks, and while the youngest sister has the least combat experience, she's seen enough action to know how to defend herself, at least. So if anyone attempts to attack this place again, they will have to go through her first.

To make sure the base is not entirely unguarded, DS has left behind one of his three Artsiv AWACS drones. Considering how successful these unmanned aircraft were in their mission earlier this day, they have proven just how capable they are in fulfilling their role. For the time being, the drone will remain in its catapult, but if it detects a hostile fleet or aircraft squadron approaching, it will be launched automatically and will jam their signals and radars, which will blind them and will give the Bulin shipgirl a major advantage. Hopefully it won't have to be used, but if it's necessary, then neither it, nor DS, or the Bulin sisters have another choice. They need air support, and these drones are just perfect for this job, even unarmed. At least they won't get shot down any time soon, considering how small they are and how difficult they are to spot.

With the convoy having left, DS walks up to the bridge of his ship where the two Bulin sister are waiting for him. He then reloads his shotgun, aims at the sky and fires a few shots to make sure it works. Considering the threats he had to deal with earlier, he needs to be ready for anything. His shotgun might not be of much help, but it's not impossible to work against slow moving aircraft. From now on, he needs to be on high alert for anything. The next time they are attacked, they might not be so lucky. At this point, he needs to be vigilant.

(And that's it for today's chapter. Sorry for not writing much, but that's all I could think of. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Also, feel free to check out and subscribe to my Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/@LiteratureDefenseForceTV) (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3NFEl7QVOGicwHf47sx2kA) and Dailymotion (https://www.dailymotion.com/dm_3d747a802541c2896c380556ac124866) channels. Until then, see you next time. Remember, your opinion is always important)