Chapter eleven

(Rocky's POV, present time) 

I volunteered to fight on behalf of Trikru in the conclave. Clarke tried to stop me. To convince me that there was another way, but I knew there was not. If Lexa was still alive she'd want us all to share the bunker, so that all the clans got a chance to survive. I didn't tell anyone, but when I win that's what I'll do. I'll unite the clans again. That way we can all become one clan. One people. 

They just called up Roan, who wanted to fight for his people, and I was next. "Rocky kom Trikru. Step forward." Gaia announced letting everyone know that I was one of the fighters. I did as she said and walked to stand in front of her. "Accept the Sigil of your clan and fight with honor as their champion." She put the sigil around my neck and I went to stand beside Roan. 

"Oktavia Kom Skaikru step foward." I let out a small gasp upon hearing the name of my friend. I knew that if she was to make it to the end, I might have to end her life. 

I tuned everything out and focus on my stratergy. Suddenly I see Luna come through the crowd. "I'm Luna Kom Flokru, and I'm the last of my clan."

"We know who you are, the natblida who ran from her conclave." Gaia said with disgust. 

"I'm not running from this one."

"Accept this sigil, Luna kom flokru , but with your clan gone, who will you fight for?" 

"I fight for the children. Any child under the age of 17 will be saved. Them along with a few trusted adults. No one else deserve to live." 

(...)

All of the fighters were picking out the weapons that best suited their skills. I picked Lexa's swords. The same ones she used to win her conclave. It makes me feel closer to her  

I look around at the competition. Luna had left, not wanting to talk to the people she'll have to kill. Octavia was talking to Indra. I guess they were saying goodbye? 

After looking at everyone I walk out and go to some place quiet. "Lexa, Lincoln, Anya, Costia, Maya, Becca, Dad, if any of you can hear me, I need your help. I need you to watch over me. To keep me in check. I have to win today, I have to. I'll try to remember all of you teachings but I need you to be with me as I go fight." I say looking up towards the sky. I take a deep breath and start talking to myself this time. "You got this Rocky, just remember what, you're fighting for." I take another breath. "You're fighting for Clarke, your sister and her family. You're fighting for Izzy, your daughter, and her right to grow up with her loved ones around, Your fighting for both Lexa, and Lincoln's dream of uniting the clans, and lastly, you're fighting for yourself." I take one last deep breath before someone tells me I need to go to my flag. 

I walk with all of the notives making our way to our spots. Octavia and I ended up behind everyone else. "Good luck, Octavia." I say looking towards her. 

"May we meet again." She responded 

I gave her a nod "May we meet again" 

(...)

The horns blow to signal that the fighting has begun. I ran to find some people to fight, wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible. I quickly slid my sword through the Podakru warrior's heart. I kneel down and whisper "Yu gon ple ste odon" before I take the sigil from around his neck.

I quickly and quietly looked around for more soldiers.

(...A Couple hours of boring fighting later...) 

Octavia was surrounded by about five other men. I was about to swoop in to help her when it seemed like a warrior from Trishanakru had the same Idea. I stick to the shadows and watch what happens. Octavia and the guy succeded in killing everyone else, the guy ended up getting an arrow in his neck. Octavia took his life to keep him safe.