Shinro's pov:

Shinro's pov:

It's 11 pm now. Where is mom and dad? Naya-chan fell asleep waiting. I hope they are okay..
"Shinro. You should also head to sleep. It's late. There must be some unfinished buisness your Father and Mother had to take care of. They will be here tomorrow."
'I think I will wait for them hiro-chan' I replied without looking at him. How can I sleep? It's my sister's birthday.
What buisness can they have right now? "God you never listen do you? Suit yourself." He said and sighed

While I was deep in my thoughts the telephone rang.
'who could it be? Naya-chan is sleeping she will wake up!'
"I will get it Shinro!"
I watched hiro-chan disappear in the hall as I sat there thinking who could it be. Suddenly I heard a voice of something fall. It came from the hall.
I went to the hall and saw hiro-chan.. but he looked different
His eyes was widened and he was standing there like a statue while the phone from his hand slipped and fell on floor.I see That was the source of the sound.
'hiro-chan?' he looked at me. What's up with that look?
'is something wrong hiro-chan?'
"Shinro!please listen to me carefully. I know I shouldn't be asking you this but I need you to stay calm for the sake of Nayaka."
Why is he acting like that?what happened? I froze at the thought that just crossed my mind. No no it can't be. Mom and dad always have alot of security around them. It's no way!
'hiro-chan..what happened to mom and dad?'
"Shinro...God damnit!" He slammed his fist in the table "how should I tell you this..."
'hiro-chan please tell me what happened'.
He looked at me with tears in his eyes. Oh no please no
"while coming home your parents were surrounded by delinquents and your mother got badly hurt and she has...."
I couldn't hear whatever he said after this. No way. It's all just a joke. It couldn't be. Not today not ever!
"Shinro we have to go to the hospital. Please wake Nayaka. And stay calm. I feel so ashamed asking you this I am so sorry Shinro but please I-"
'im gonna go wake Nayaka up'

After that everything went in a second yet it felt like forever.
On the way to the hospital no one spoke a word it was so silent yet so suffocating.
We reached the hospital and the doctor told us everything
Thankfully dad will recover soon but they weren't sure about mom

"The injury she has is severe. It will be a miracle if she heals completely."

Miracle? Is that what we have to pray for? A miracle? does this 'miracle' ever actually happen?

I suddenly heard a little beep from my watch. It was 12am. Wait? Where is Nayaka? 'hiro-chan? Have you seen naya-chan?'
"Wasn't she with you?!"
Oh no.
'I WILL GO LOOK FOR HER!'
I started looking for her. I looked at the infermary, reception and all the other places she could have been.shes is no where. What should I do...for now I should go back to Hiro-chan and ask for help. More people would be better.

While I was returning to Hiro-chan I saw her sitting on the bench. She was here all along but I was sure I checked everywhere. She doesn't look well. ofcourse she won't, I don't know what to say but I can't leave her alone like this, she needs me. I slowly approached her and then she slowly looked up. I couldn't say anything as I looked in her eyes. The eyes that ones shined like Ruby now...They looked dead.
"Nii-san.."
Her voice is quivering.
'yes?'
"Can you tell mom and dad that I don't want anything on my birthday and I will never be stubborn again, if all of us can stay together."
Is she blaming herself?
'Nayaka...'

It's the first time I have been feeling so helpless. I can't do anything for anyone.I can't treat mom and dad and I can't comfort my sister. I can do nothing. Tears started flooding in my eyes and I hugged her.

'I am so sorry nayaka. I am so sorry'
This was all I could say. I kept apologizing to her continuously holding my tears as much as I could and hugging her tightly But she just sat there without saying a word just like a doll.

 I kept apologizing to her continuously holding my tears as much as I could and hugging her tightly But she just sat there without saying a word just like a doll