On the verge of violently coughing up blood-but not really

It's been a few days since he last went to school. He doesn't remember where he got it, but he's sick now and has been bedridden for 5 days. He's got a lot of homework to catch up on.

Theo ran his pale hand through his wet black hair, feeling the sweat roll down his forehead. His palms were sweaty and his feet were cold. He felt like he was dying, with each movement he made his stomach twisted and churned in turn, and a cough would follow, or a series of violent coughs.  He rolled over on his side and reached for his navy blue colored glasses on the nightstand, which lay beside the multiple books he had re-read and a plate of oranges, now not as appetizing as they were when his brother brought them in. 

He gave up after a few seconds of struggling to grab his glasses; it was pointless, they were too far, and he wasn't going to force himself to move much more. Panting, he rolls onto his back and stares at the ceiling, it seemed to be the only thing he could do other than read for the past 5 days. In about a few minutes the ceiling started to move, creating swirls and various animal shapes, then the whole room started to move, and he felt like he was shaking. His hand gripped his chest tightly as his breathing started to quicken, faster and faster until he felt he could no longer breathe, then the door slowly creaked open.

"Oh crap, hey, are you okay?"

 The figure that appeared in the doorway quickly ran to his side, his vision started to fog and he became dizzy. A hand crept up to his forehead, and he could feel their sweaty palms, or maybe it was just his forehead that was sweating, either way, he felt warm, maybe too warm. It didn't take long for him to fall unconscious, the muffled words of the person beside him lulling him to sleep.

...It was cold now.

The perfect amount of cold. His eyes fluttered open as he started to regain his senses, he sat up, causing the damp towel on his forehead to fall into his lap, looking around his room, remembering the figure in the doorway. His hand felt warm, and he peered down, gazing at the person kneeling beside him, realizing their hands were intertwined. His cheeks were flushed pink as warmth swept across his face, he quickly removed his hand from the hold of the person beside him.

As they awoke, the person groaned and looked up at Theo before stretching their arms. Theo sighed heavily, realizing it was only Julien.

"Why're you sighing like that?" Julien plopped herself onto Theo's bed.
"I thought you were some random stranger." He readjusted himself to make some space for her.
"You couldn't recognize your precious friend? Oh, you wound me!" She declared dramatically, placing her hand on her brow as she lay on his bed, taking up nearly all the space.
"Move over," He attempted to push her off, "God, you're dramatic!"

With a thud, she rolled off the bed and onto the floor, while he sat comfortably, pulling the blanket over him. She looked up at him with a grin he just couldn't ignore.

"Why're you looking at me like that?"
"Nothing."

She moved over to him, resting her head on his bed, still staring at him, which creeped him out a little.

"What is it? Just tell me!" He repeatedly prodded her head.
"Alright, alright, stop it!"
"So? What is it?"
You know how it's night now, right?"

He looked out his window at the moon and nodded.

"And you know how you're feeling better now, right?"
"How do you even know that?"
"I have my ways..." She grinned again, "Just kidding, I'm just guessing."
"Just get to the point!"
"Alright, calm down. We have science class tomorrow, right? Well, teach paired everyone up, and you were paired up with Francine!"
"Oh god... Francine?!"

He groaned, sitting up and burying his head in his hands which he realized were not so pale and sweaty now.

"That's right, little Francie!"
"Stop that!" He threw a pillow at her, making her back up.
"Oh come on, lighten up! You're going to see the love of your life again!"
"I see her every science class..."
"Hey, you didn't deny it! She is the love of your life!"
"She isn't, shut up!"

She laughed, gasping for air between each laugh as he buried his face into a pillow and dreaded the next day. Seconds later, Theo's mom came in the room.

"Julie, your mom called, it's time to go home." Julien nodded, ruffling Theo's hair before leaving. "Do you need me to drive you home?"
"No, it's alright Mrs. Lane, my house is only a few blocks away anyway."
"You've got to stop calling me that sweetheart, just call me Marie."
"No, it's really alright. Anyway, I have to get going, thanks for letting me come over."
"Any time, dear."
After Julien left, his mom entered his room, kneeling beside his bed.

"How are you feeling, Theodore?" He took the pillow off his head and faced his mom.
"Better, now."
"That's good, you think you can make it to school tomorrow?"
"...Yeah."
"Alright, I'll go iron your uniform then."
"Thanks mom."
"Go to sleep now, it's pretty late."

She leaned in and planted a kiss on his forehead before turning the lights off and leaving his room, the door slightly open. Theo sighed and pulled the blanket over his head, just waiting for tomorrow to come fast and pass just as quickly.