"I love you"

Sorry it has been a billion years since I published this story, but I really get lost in my writing journey sometimes and I need to guide my way back.. anyone here it is! Another chapter at last!! Enjoy!

—————————————————————————

After the sleepover there's a change in the atmosphere at home.

Now, Arthit doesn't hesitate to kiss Kongpob's cheek good morning or to include him in one of his and Milly's silly games. Nor does he fail to hold his hand in public - and not just for show. It's becoming more and more obvious that Arthit is enjoying their closeness and that he wants Kongpob to lean into him and snuggle close at night.

In fact it's been four days since they even slept in their own beds, and not just because Milly has started coming in to tuck them into bed at night, leaning down to kiss both of their cheeks and whisper that she loves them both "super lots".

It's incredibly cute and Arthit lets her do it, snuggling into Kongpob until she's headed for her own bed, before he sneaks out to get them a pair of beers that they slowly enjoy until they can hear Milly's rhythmic breathing across the hall.

Then Arthit, and Kongpob too, slide out of bed and make sure that Milly is tucked in tightly, safe and warm. When they're happy that she is, they both drop kisses on her cheeks and head out into the hallway..

"So, good night?" Kongpob asks, hesitant, unsure.

Arthit frowns, his eyes going all puppy dog as he stares at Kong, "But.. you'll get cold on your own, and Milly tucked us in, she expects us to be together in the morning.."

Kongpob gives him a small smirk, "I could always sneak in tomorrow morning before she wakes up?"

Arthit's pout gets deeper, his lips pursing out and it takes all of Kongpob's willpower not to lean down and press a kiss to them, they look so inviting.

Instead, he pretends to think, even putting a finger up to his temple and tapping it against his head, "But.. she is too intelligent isn't she? If I sleep in my bed, even if I make it perfectly, she'll know I was in there.. so I guess I'll have to sleep with you.."

Arthit's lips twist up into a smile and then he reaches out and grabs Kongpob's wrist, "Exactly, now come on..."

Back in the warmth of the bed, Arthit leans as close to Kongpob as he can get, shoulders knocking, knees tight against Kong's, and when Kongpob turns towards him, Arthit's arm lifts and they wrap each other in a tight hug..

"Sleep well," Kongpob whispers, and Arthit nods against him and breathes deeply, snuggling as close as he dares.

——————

They go on for several weeks like this: shared play dates with Milly's friends, fighting over the trolley when they go shopping, Kongpob inviting Arthit into the kitchen to do more than boiling water.

And through it all, Milly smiles and cheers them on, telling them she loves them, whispering how happy she is, making them spin together in the kitchen and hug her to sleep all squished in one bed.

They almost.. almost.. forget about the threat of 'Mummy' Nam.

————

"Kongpob?" Prae asks when he arrives at school to collect Milly, "Have you got a moment?"

They end up away from the other parents, the teaching assistant taking over Prae's duties as she and Kongpob speak in a hushed whisper.

"Are you sure it was her?"