instead, he's made it so much worse.

she scoffs, not even bothering to hide her tears in her eyes as she turns around to face him. "you have no fucking right to speak to me about him."

but, if there's one thing chris is, it's prideful—he's not going to admit that he's wrong or even apologize. when has he ever been known to apologize for his actions?

"i don't? because it seems like you're acting exactly like him," he responds snarkly, throwing his arms up in the air. "for someone you hate and fear, you sure act a lot like him."

she gapes at him, his words hitting her deep where it hurts. "you...you don't know me. and you don't know him."

"i may not know alex, but i know a lot about him and its clear that he lives off of hurting others and acting out." he responds, bending down by the door to pick up the rest of the broken mirror pieces on the floor.

though, this time, he doesn't even pick them up with some paper towels—he's too annoyed at lily.

he picks them up with his bare hands, but luckily doesn't hurt his hands or fingers.

lily's silent now, even as he walks closer to her to throw away the glass shards into the garbage.

she's too distracted to notice two other people walking into the hallway and to her doorway.

"what the hell is going on?" elliot asks, expression filled with both confusion and concern.

matt observes his brother and lily, quickly noticing how intense they both are around the other.

"why don't you ask chris here?" lily asks snippily. "he sure seems to think he knows me and alex."

with that, she glares at chris, before walking out of the room, harshly walking past all of them.

as lily walks out, elliot notices her stumbling through the hallway.

elliot abruptly walks over to the open dresser drawer, going through it carefully with a sneaking suspicion that she knew what she'd already find.

she scoffs when she pulls out one of her other missing alcohol bottles.

she turns with it in her hand. "she's been drinking this whole damn time!"

"yeah, i just found her with another one." chris says as elliot glances around trying to find the other bottle.

when she doesn't find it, she turns to face him again with confusion. "did...she drink the whole thing?"

chris shakes his head. "no. when i caught her, she got too shocked and dropped it and broke the bottle."

elliot sighs with a little irritation filling her.

how could lily do this? why would she do this when they're worried about her as it is?

matt, seeing the angry face she wears, steps in front of her before she does something she's going to regret.

"matthew, get out of my way." she simply says, glaring at him.

he shakes his head. "no."