Chapter 8 - Louis/Araceli

Please vote, comment, and follow!

She walked out earlier than I planned.

It was hard watching her storm out of the conference room the second everything was over. But then when I saw her getting in the car with Ollie and a few other guys, dressed in that gorgeous white outfit I knew she was going out.

Usually, my favorite part was the clubs and after race experience. Everyone loved it. The fans dreamed of experiencing it with a racer. And I don't blame them. The clubs are electric at the early hours of the morning while Araceli leaves in a huff.

I already did my fair share of clubbing for the night, but when the electricity didn't zap like it used to, I went to my car and waited until Araceli left. She looked angry, and I knew it was one of those assholes inside.

My brain was keeping track of who went to which club, and from what I know it was Duchie, Marco, Elijah, Niklas, and Landen.

Araceli was staying close to Duchie all night, and that group ended up forming. I knew a few more people were in there as well, crews and reserve drivers. I expected her to leave with Duchie, or at least with more fire than this. She has been like a spark of fire the whole week, and I've been loving it.

I didn't care that to most people watching a girl leave a club in the middle of the night seemed stalkerish, I made an oath to her brother, and I break many things but oaths are not one.

My mind was hopping between giving her a ride or just quietly following her to her hotel room. I knew the pigs that were apart of this sport, if they saw a pretty girl like her they'd easily try 'comforting' her with there dick.

So instead, I got out of my car, and walked a few paces behind her. I kept my distance so she wouldn't feel like she's being watched. Thankfully, her hotel room wasn't far, I would have complained if I had to walk one more step in these Persian loafers anymore. Fancy shoes are not the comfiest, even if I was the one who chose the walk.

I watched as she went inside, then realized how stupid I was standing out there. First, I had to walk all the way back to my car, and mess up my shoes. Second, I followed this girl back to her hotel room and didn't go in with her—like I always do.?

I'm conflicted on my own belief and Alejandro's agreement.

Maybe I shouldn't listen to it. It was some stupid pact we said when we were drunk. He probably wouldn't have followed through if it was the other way around, right?

If anything happens we protect each others sister and family.

Those words haunt me. It was after Carol died, everyone was sad and depressed over it. Me and Alejandro used our coping mechanisms, alcohol, and spent the night cooped up in a hotel bar drinking our weight in different types of whiskey.

But would Alejandro go to these lengths to protect Violet? Would he follow her from a bar and help her get a job?

It would be hard to comprehend when Violet lives hours away, and already had a successful job. But Araceli was 17 when Alejandro died. She was still in secondary school.

And I was barely twenty when it all happened, and all I remember was looking everywhere for a girl who had no clue who I was. At the funeral I could not take my eyes off her. How she stood tall when she eyes looked of a shattered doll.

It was so conflicting having to decide what to do. And when she took the job, god was I so infuriated. When I told Ollie to find her a job I didn't mean for us, with Alveni.

I told him to take care of her college, make sure she gets into the best university and the one she wants. The year after, her best friend Jesber died as an F2 driver.