Chapter 4 - Louis

If Landen gave his Cheshire cats smiles at Araceli one more time I don't think I'd be racing with a teammate tomorrow.

It was already somewhat 6:30 from what I'm noticing as the sun barely started its set, but the game still had about ten more questions. Most of these questions would never make it into the actual video, but we still had to answer all of them as if they would.

After what the media team did to me last year, making me look like a sore loser when Landen got podium for the first time after I got a nasty DNF, I simply make sure to look my best during every interview.

But the fans have been trying to match me with anyone I interviewed or look at, so I'm refraining from eyeing Araceil. Landen, on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about eye-fucking the girl in front of us. A smirk lay on my lips at the thought that she was staring at me, she was getting flustered when I called her 'darling.'

"Never have I ever missed a flight for a dumb reason," Araceli asks the next question. Landen and I were as close as teammates could be. We knew each other on the tracks, would wish each other happy birthdays, and occasionally chat in the offseason. But we were not best friends. We kept a good image for the media since we both were fighting allegations. Mine is about being a sore loser and hating everyone.

His. Well, let's say Landen knows how to get his name around with the ladies of each city we visit. Landen got a random girl pregnant, according to her, and until she gives birth to the child in a few months, he has to keep up his golden boy picture so the girl's media outrages go unheard.

"Oh!" Landen interjects, probably getting a memory of his upcoming story. I tune him out instantly. My eyes fall on every distraction in the Alveni quarters. The way our navy blue logo matches perfectly with the all-grey wall in front of me. The way the golden rays from the slowly setting sun flashed perfectly on Araceli's face.