One Peculiar Family

Start from the beginning

Ezra's eyes snapped toward the invaders.
He was surprised to see Shaira with his eldest brother. Of all the things known in Vanedestine's house, it was sure that Alkov and Shaira were polar apart. They seethed at the sight of each other.

Shaira knew the second she enter the room. They had just interrupted their private time. They were chatting with smiles on their face. Shaira knew that these brothers did not get time for each other and of all Shaira knew because of the past animosity she had faced from them.

She remembered countless times when she had accidentally ruined their good time by showing her face to them.

"I think I should go.  You all should get some private time."

Alkov's eyebrow arched. Shaira had this lonesome expression on her face. Alkov knew right away.

Before Shaira could move out of the lounge. Alkov caught her by her hoodie cap again.

Not again.

Shaira thought as she was dragged by her cap to the couch.

"Please sit. We would love to have dinner with you." Ezra said as she came close to the couch.

Shaira sighed as she looked at her brother. She despise her brothers but she did not know when she started hating Ezra a tad bit less than others.

Shaira knew her ability to read people was good. The sheer sincerity in Ezra's eyes was not a lie. She could bet on that.
He was the most human in all of them but nonetheless a monster.

As the menu  was passed in her hands. Alkov settles down too besides Shaira.

"When did you guys get here?"

"Ezra picked me up from the gym we were tired so we decided to dine out today," Maximus said looking curiously at Shaira who was absentmindedly flipping pages.

Well, Vanedestine household meals were no less the Michelin star restaurant. Shaira thought.

"That's good," Alkov said.

As Shaira was skimming through the pages of the menu. She could see a variety of food. The more dishes than a normal café served.

"Wasn't it supposed to be a café? It has more dishes than the entire restaurant." Shaira mumbled.

As the three-man was subconsciously focused on her. It was heard by them.

"Yes, that's true but you could choose anything from the menu," Maximus said.

Shaira gasped as her focus was broken suddenly. Maximus had done the most bullying to her. It was a fact that his build had made her scared.

"Do you want something special?" Maximus asked but Shaira scooted over to Alkov. An action that does not go unnoticed by them.

"I am not hungry." She simply said putting the menu in Alkov's hands.

"You did not eat anything for lunch too. Pick something." Alkov said narrowing his eyes on her.

"Wait- what?" Ezra said.

"You are skipping meals."

"No! I am not. It's just I don't feel very hungry these days." Shaira immediately regretted what she had said when she the look on Ezra's face. His face was showing pure lines of worry.

She did not want him like that.

"Ok. I will eat anything without meat." Shaira said. After almost dying because of it, a small reminder wouldn't hurt, right?