Chapter Forty-Five

"Magnus, we need to expand the apartment." I told him.

"Yes, we do." I said to present Magnus.

"Your right. You and Alexander are officially moving in all your stuff, I think it's time we expand the loft." He told me.

We both nodded before working our magic on the loft, making it bigger than it was before. Now the loft had more rooms and closest space.

"Now, shall we have cake?" I asked him.

He smiled and summoned different cakes. We ate all the cakes, until we heard a knock on the door. Magnus opened the door and we saw Lorenzo.

"Did you not eat down in Edom?" Lorenzo asked.

I made the cakes disappear.

"What can we do for you Lorenzo?" I asked him.

"I just came by to pick up a few of my things." He told us.

"Help yourself." Magnus said.

"Ah, there it is. This beauty belongs in my chateau in Majorca." he said about a painting of himself. "And I believe... this sterling drink stirrer was mine as well." he said putting it in his pocket.

"Lorenzo...I want to thank you. For helping Alexander and Stella. They told me you provided the ingredients for the spell." Magnus told him.

I walked away knowing they needed to talk privately. I went towards the office, trying to think of what else needed to be done. Ah, yes Maryse. I got a bag and put the dress I got her for the night. I sent it to Alexander, explaining who it's for.

After I heard the door closed, I walked back towards Magnus.

"Everything good?" I asked him.

"Perfect." He told me.

I smiled as we finished taste testing.

"I wonder what cake we went with." Magnus said.

"Probably a Midnight Cravings, with Red velvet." I told him.

"Why those flavors?" Alexander asked me.

"There my favorite." I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's not showing any signs of slowing down. Denver and Chicago have already been hit. Hundreds of shadowhunters and at least 80 mundanes have already been killed." Alexander told us.

I can't believe Johathan has gotten this strong.

"The news is calling it a string of "chemical weapons attacks." People are being told to stay indoors." Simon told us.

"Lorenzo and I have the warlock community on the ready." Magnus told them.

"I have all high warlocks looking for him." I added.

"We're detecting a strong demonic presence in downtown Toronto." Jace told us.

"The same energy signature we've seen in the other attacks." Isabelle told us.

"He's heading to the Toronto Institute." Alexander claimed.

"I'll assemble a team." Jace said.

"Not yet! I'm not sending anybody on a suicide mission. This is not the same Johnathan as before. He's more powerful than ever." Alexander told him.

"I can stop him. I'll go. Alone." Clary told Alexander.

"That's not gonna happen." Alexander told her.