Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

I opened the door, seeing - "Maryse."

"Stella, we need to talk." She told me

"Come in." I invited "What is this about?" I asked her having a feeling I knew.

"Alexander. He made a deal with Asmodeus to have Magnus keep his magic. That day when you were supposed to have dinner, he was going to propose to y'all. He was going to give Magnus the Lightwood ring and he made a necklace for you." she told me.

"I/He was going to propose!" Everyone yelled

I couldn't believe, Alexander was going to marry us.

"It's gorgeous." I said, looking at the necklace.

I gasped. I didn't know he was going to propose. And that necklace. Alexander always knew what I liked. And he made it.

"I didn't know he was going to propose. I just figured it out about the deal. Maryse, I need to fix this. Wait, does Magnus know?" I asked her.

"I was on my way to tell him." She told me.

"Alright, let's go, then. Wait, there's something I need to do." I told her.

"I'll tell Magnus." She told me.

I nodded, watching as she walks away before grabbing my spell book.

Ring spell. Found it!

"That's gorgeous, Stella

"That's gorgeous, Stella." Isabelle told me.

"Thank you." I told her.

"Perfect." I told myself.

I grabbed my necklace putting it on, before portaling to Magnus magic.

"Stella, I sent Asmodeus to limbo. I also know about the proposal." he told me showing me the lightwood ring.

"Maryse told me as well. I'm sorry." I told him, knowing how he must feel.

"No, I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me, we would still have Alexander." He told me.