Part 33

Monique's POV

It was the morning of the Charity event, Maddy had us girls doing little jobs throughout the week so that everything ran smoothly. It was a charity for women and kids who were victims of domestic violence. Donations of clothes, toys, toiletries, and everything else needed were available for those who needed it. A little shelter was set up where those who needed help could find a way out, find accommodation in a safe place.

"I cannot believe the turnout of this event" Maddy says happily as I helped her carry a large box filled with blankets to one of the stalls.

"You should be very proud of yourself babe, you did an amazing job" I praise her, and she smiles, we put the box down and look around, it was starting to get busy, everyone was coming in to show their support. Half of the club were here, mostly because Maddy threatened them if they did not at least show their faces. It made me laugh the way the tattooed biker men stood scared when Maddy yelled at them. It is not something I would ever forget.

"Alright, anything else you need me to do?" I ask, Maddy looks around and then shakes her head.

"Nope, just go and enjoy yourself" Maddy says with a smile, looking over her shoulder I see Brick make his way over to us, wrapping his arms around Maddy's waist from behind and kisses he neck in a loving way. I smiled at them, envious that they did not have to hide their love, soon I would not have to either, once Lewis had been dealt with, Brad and I would confess everything to Drew. We had decided to tell Drew first, on his own. Let him come to terms with it before we told Luke and Brock. I knew Luke would overreact, and I wanted to tell Drew first and see his reaction without having Luke encourage his own. I look over and see Brad in a distance, smiling as he was helping Jasmine and Blue with something at another stall. I look over as I see Cheese making his way over to me, smiling I make my way towards him.

"Hey" I say with a smile, and he smiles back.

"So, Luke still thinks we are fucking" Cheese admits, and I cannot help but laugh, he was so clueless.

"I guess it's our hushed conversations and the knowing looks" I admit, and he nods his head.

"Walk with me" he says and starts to walk through the crowd. I follow him, looking around as everyone was enjoying themselves. The sun was shining today, a beautiful warm day for an amazing event. I looked over at Cheese, he had something on his mind.

"What's up Cheese?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"I really do not know how to ask this" Cheese admits, I stop, placing my hand on his arm, he stops and turns to face me.

"Just spit it out" I say, smirking at him.

"How do I bring an innocent woman into this shit show of a life?" Cheese asked seriously and I look at him curiously, someone had caught his eyes, I wonder who. I was not sure how to answer that, I had to think about that.

"Well... I..." I started to answer when I heard gunshots. My eyes widen and I look around to see everyone screaming and running for cover. Hearing more rounds go off, I look up to see Brad on the other side of the event, his gun out, our eyes lock on to each other, a need to get to him taking over my body. I hear a little girl crying which breaks me from Brad's eyes, I quickly turn to her, quickly I make my way to her, picking her up I run towards a large tree, placing her behind the trunk with another woman.

"Stay here" I say, and she nods her head at me, my body jumping every time I heard a gunshot go off, it sounded like there were a few shooters, hearing everyone screaming and trying to run for cover. I stood up, looking around there were a few bodies lying on the ground, covered in blood. I hope the other girls are safe. I look around frantically, my eyes trying to find where Brad was.