Chapter 9

Hummer threw his fist on the wall as soon as they arrived at his cousin's house, and Kyza slammed her room's door in his face. Hindi maintindihan ng lalaki kung bakit ganun na lang ang naging reaksyon ng babae, at hindi rin niya maintindihan kung bakit niya hinalikan ang babae.

Maybe. Maybe he always knew the reason, but he is too cowardly a-hole to admit it. The idea of Kyza being so distant from him pisses him off. He wants to be part of her life, but what pisses him off more is knowing that he is an asshole for saying those awful things to her. What was he thinking? Halata naman kasing may pinagdadaanan ang babae at gusto niyang malaman kung ano yun. Making her angry is his solution to making her talk about it, but he is wrong. Mas lalong naging malayo ang babae sa kanya.

Tinampal niya ang kanyang bibig. "You should choose the right words to say." he scolded himself. He leaned on the wall beside the door of Kyza's room.

Kyza was sitting in the middle of her bed, looking at the blank canvas in front of her. She smiled bitterly at herself. Hummer wasn't wrong when he called her "obsolete".

She picked up the brush while her other hand was holding the mixing plate. She is going to draw what's on her mind and test herself to see how far she can go.

As she started stroking the tip of the brush on the plain cloth, dark memories started rushing through her head.

On the day of the incident...

Kyza is carrying her painting materials with both hands as she is about to leave their house. "Mom, hindi ka ba talaga pupunta?" nanlulumong tanong niya sa kanyang ina.

Her mother, Nina, sighed. She walked toward her daughter and caressed her face. "I'm sorry, anak. Kailangan ako doon sa farm. May mga clients na darating. I need to take care of them. After that, pupunta pa ako sa contest na sinalihan ng ate mo." She cupped her daughter's face.

"Naiintindihan mo naman si mommy, diba?" Kyza's lips thinned as she nodded her head.

"What about dad?" Nina looked away.

Kyza exhaled. "I understand." she said, even though she can't. Tumalikod siya at nagsimulang maglakad palabas ng bahay.

Her mother will do everything for their business, which she has to do because it's what feeds them. However, her father left with her sister, Kyline, to support her in joining the beauty contest. She can't understand why her parents could spare their time and business whenever her sister joined beauty pageants, but they couldn't whenever she joined painting competitions or motorcycle racing.

She stopped when she heard her mother's loud breath. "Don't do this, Loren. Please..." her mother begged. "Your sister needs us." And I don't? Kailan kaya niya mararamdaman ang suporta ng kanyang mga magulang? She wanted to ask her mother questions, but she couldn't.

She rolled her eyes and turned to face her mother. She thrusts her shoulders up, pressing her lips together. "Kaya nga sabi ko naiintindihan ko nga, diba?"

Nina gasped. "Don't use that tone on me, Loren!"

"Ano bang gusto mong sabihin ko ma? Na sana kahit ngayon lang ako naman. Ako naman ang suportahan niyo. Kailangan ko rin kayo." she hissed.

"Don't start." Her mother used her warning tone against her.

"What?!" She dropped her things off the floor. "Totoo naman, ah! Never niyo akong sinuportahan. Puro kayo Kyline! Kyline!" She stormed out of their house after picking up her things. "Bakit ba ang laki-laki ng bahay na ito. Tagal kong makalabas." reklamo niya sa sarili. She used the back of her hand to wipe her tears.

Ayaw niyang magtagal sa bahay nila baka mawala siya sa mood at 'wag na lang sumipot sa kompetisyon.

She tied her things to her motorcycle before heading to her destination.