Chapter 7

"Hey, Jev!" Hummer called Jeva's attention and handed her a piece of paper. "Nakita ko 'yan na hawak ni Kylo kanina when I saw her lying on the ground."

Jeva accepted the paper. Upon seeing what was inside, she remained silent.

"What is that?" Mari asked out of curiosity, then she peeked at what was in the paper. "What the–?!"

Based on Jeva's expression, the two confirmed that she knew something and that it wasn't just a small issue.

"If you're not going to tell us, FINE! Hindi ka namin pipilitin." There's a hint of pain and disappointment in Mari's voice.

"I'm—" as Jeva was about to apologize about something she couldn't say, Kyza appeared.

"Di ko alam na mah reunion pala dito." Mataray na tanong niya sa mga kaibigan kahit na halatang inaantok pa ang mga ito.

Hummer rolled his eyes. Nakonsensya pa siya sa mga ginawa niya sa babae, pero ngayon, parang ayaw na niyang makonsensya dahil ang taray.

Binalewala ni Jeva ang sinabi ng kaibigan. "How are you?"

"Ito..." She presented herself by turning slowly. "Buhay pa naman." - Jeva and Mari tsked at her response.

"Sumeryoso ka naman. Seryoso ang tanong, Kyza. Nag-alala kami sayo." inis na sabi ni Mari. But deep inside her she is worried. Paano kung maulit na naman ang nangyari?

Kyza cupped Mari's face. "I'm fine, Patricia Mari." Kaagad na tinapik ni Mari ang kanyang kamay. She chuckled. She knows how much Mari hates it when they call her by her complete first name.

"Mukhang okay ka naman. Aalis na ako." Tumayo si Mari sa kanyang kinauupuan at sinabit sa katawan ang kanyang sling bag.

Nanlulumong nakatingin si Jeva sa likod ni Mari habang naglalakad ito papalayo sa kanila.

"What's the matter, b-tch?" Tanong ni Kyza sa kanya.

"We need to talk." She dragged Kyza out of the kitchen. "Excuse us." She excused their presence from Hummer before leading her friend outside of the cafe.

"Anong problema?" Nakakunot ang noo ni Kyza habang nakatingin sa kanyang kaibigan.

A long sigh escaped from Jeva's lips before she uttered, "Mari's mad because she knew I was hiding something from her. She somehow saw the images you drew in black paint. May napulot kasi si Hummer."

"You told them?"

Jeva answered by shaking her head. "It isn't my story to tell."

"Thank you." Madamdaming sabi ni Kyza. She knew that Jeva would never do something she wouldn't ask for and would respect all of her decisions.

"You're welcome, but..." she said, holding Kyza's hand. "You need to tell them. I don't want you to keep your burden all to yourself."

"I have you–"

"I know." Jeva nods her head. "But they're also your friends; they'll understand you. Don't you trust them?"

Sandaling natahimik si Kyza sa sinabi ng kaibigan. "I do but I don't know if they can accept me after–"

"Of course they will. Hindi ko kasalanan ang nangyari."

"Okay. I will tell them."

Jeva drew herself towards Kyza and gave her a hug. "I'll be with you." Nararamdaman niyang tumango ang kaibigan bilang sagot.

Humiwalay mula sa pagkayakap si Jeva at nagpaalam na sa kaibigan.

Nang makaalis na ito, bumalik sa loob ng cafe si Kyza at napataas ang kanyang kilay nang makitang matiyagang naghihintay sa kanya ang lalaki.