Chapter 21: Urges

We've been both drinking pretty quickly and a bit heavily. Emma has been totally into the game. She's in the bathroom right now, I guess I'll check my phone for any new texts. I've still got to find a way to bring up and steer the conversation toward her friend and Spencer.

It feels like I'm breathing heavier than normal, stupid vodka, stupid phone, stupid Emma, being pretty and so nice to me.

Oh right, phone.

I've got a few messages actually.

There are a few from Josh and Kelly, even Charlie.

Let's check in on Josh first.

"Hey bro you didn't invite me to your game, I wanna play l4d2"

"Sorry bro, playing with Emma right now." I text back.

What about this fucking guy.

Stupid Kelly.

"My mom took away my computer because I had hentai on it."

"I fucking hate my mom, I wish I was born in Japan."

Bro, I don't think your moms the problem.

"damn, that sucks." I text back.

Think I just heard the toilet flush? Did Emma say she wanted to play another game; I can't remember.

Looks like Anna just messaged me when I went online.

"Hey Dan, you busy this weekend?"

I am busy, in fact, I'm very busy. Doing real busy person things.

"Did you write "Live, Laugh, Poop" on your mom's mural in the bathroom?" Emma is standing in front of me, her face looking amused and slightly embarrassed at my family's bathroom décor.

She looks so tall while I'm sitting on the bed like she's towering over me.

She looks like an angel when the light is cascading from behind her head, a beautiful, freckled angel.

"Maybe, who knows, could've been Thea," I reply before tossing my phone in my pocket.

"If all the Burks' family are that immature, I feel like I might stick out like a sore thumb." She says before sitting beside me.

She looks a lot more relaxed now like she's become better accustomed to the place, she's practically making herself at home.

She's leaning against the bed with her arms behind her back and staring up at the light.

"Am I fucking drunk?" She asks while staring at the ceiling.

"Is this how it feels? This is awesome, or maybe it's not. My stomach hurts, I can't eat a few antacids or some shit right, will that fuck with the alcohol, am I gonna be drunk forever?" She's rambling on while taking in the new experience.

"No, you big doofus, you're not gonna be drunk forever. If you stopped now you'd be sober in like, an hour, or two, or three, I don't know, it's like a unique thing for different people." I say while patting her head.

As I'm patting her head, she stops my hand on the top of her head, her fluffy hair strands are bending in all directions, and it feels warm and silky. Her soft hands begin to feel my hands as she brings my hand down to her cheek and rubs against it. Closing her eyes and feeling my hand slowly.

She's like a cat when you pet them.

Not that I mind.

She opens her green eyes and stares at me with a smile before letting go of my hand and reaching for her drink on the floor.