CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES

Start from the beginning

She is staring at me. Tears in her eyes.  She said, "Tommy I" I said, "For your F---- information, I was just going to ask you if you wanted to take the rest of the day off, and maybe go do something. Anything that would cheer you up. Like I'd take you to the mall, or arcade, or to eat. And then I thought maybe I could stay at your place tonight or you at mine, so that we could get ready together. No not together, I just so that I wouldn't have to waste time picking you up."

She said, "Tommy I'm sorry."  I said, "no I'm sorry. I don't blame you for not trusting me. I'm sorry for yelling at you."  She said, "I'm sorry. I just thought that something was up with you this morning. I mean usually you talk to me, when we are in the car. This morning you were so quiet, and never said a word. Tommy I'm sorry. I panicked when you said you wanted to talk to me alone. I mean when we were alone in the car, you looked like you had something to tell me, but you didn't say anything."

I said, "I didn't because I thought maybe you were not wanting to talk. I mean Sydney I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. I mean even though you know you are better off, and this guy doesn't deserve you. Still, you loved him for 4 years. You were committed to him, and he picked the one girl who would hurt you the most to screw around with. I can't imagine having to go to the wedding of an ex and ex best friend. I wouldn't be able to do it Sydney. And the fact that it's not even been that long since you dumped him. I wanted to tell you I'm here for you, but I didn't know if you wanted to talk. I'm sorry."

I said, 'do you want to hang out today or" She said, "actually I can't. My brother was wanting to take me to lunch and he's treating me to a spa day. I thought I told you Adam already gave me the day off."  I said, "oh ok, have a good day with your brother."  She said, "Tommy after I'm done can I come over."  I said, "of course. I'm going to work all day, but I'll head home as soon as you are ready to come over."  She said, "Tommy I was I mean can I stay the night. On your couch I mean. I really don't want to be alone tonight. Jay said I could come stay with him, and my dad said that I could come home, but if it's ok with you."  I said, "yes of course Sydney. You are welcome to stay at my place whenever you want. You don't need to ask, just tell me.  She said, 'Thank you. Before I come over, I will head home and get my two dresses. And my makeup.  Judy said that she will come over and help me with my makeup. Since I'm really dreading tomorrow and feel sick already."

Sydney's day:

I left work after apologizing once again to Tom. He said it was fine, and he said he was sorry he got upset. I feel terrible, that I thought he was going to cancel. If I'm being honest with myself, I think deep down I have been afraid that when this day came, Tom would cancel. I feel bad about that.  I guess maybe he is right. I don't trust him. Not entirely. I mean I don't trust anyone easily with being betrayed, and having my friends not tell me and cover for them.  It surprised me, but it was easy to trust Judy. She and I have really bonded and became great friends. It's easy to talk to her, maybe because she confided her worst trauma. to me and trusted me with it.

As far as Doug, Harry, Dennis, I get along well with them, and have fun hanging out with them. They are all sweet guys. Funny make me laugh. And working with them has been great. But since we are just coworkers and friends, I guess there isn't any need to really trust them. It's not like I confide my secrets to them.

Tom is a different story.  Because I can't stop thinking he is so hot Even though I have tried to just think of Tom like I do the other 3 guys, I can't do it.  Tom and I have only hung out the two times that I was all upset and crying over him.  The rest of the time, it's just been in a group setting and when we are working cases.   I've only been to his house the 2 previous times, and he has only been to my house the 1 time. After I went over to Tom's house that Friday night then he spent Saturday at the mall with us, and he spent the night, we haven't hung out since.