CHAPTER 17: REVENGE

Začať od začiatku

Tom said, "Can I have seconds."  I said, "of course. It's your food Tommy"

Judy called me to tell me she was home. I told her I was at Tommy's. What time did she want to go."  She laughed.  She said, "so you spent the night with Hanson again."  I said, "Judy."  She has been teasing me about staying all night at his place on his couch, the last time I told her.  She said, "I'm just teasing but you two would be so cute together. *If you would just let me ask him how he feels about you"  I said, "Judy no please don't"  I was blushing.  Tom was staring at me. He laughed.  Judy said, "are you going to go home or you want me to meet you at Hanson's"  I said, "I need to go home and shower. Change."  She said, "so 11 at your place."  i said, "Sounds good."

Tom said, "So when are we going shopping for your revenge dress."  I looked at Tom.  I was honestly surprised he remembered that Judy and I were going to the mall.  I mean Judy had told him like the Monday after he had said that weekend he would take me to the wedding. I thought he was just kidding about coming to the mall. I mean Judy said that he hates the mall, and hates going shopping. That he usually has her buy his presents for him, so that he doesn't have to go. He just gives her money. And for the presents for Judy he just gives her gift cards or gives her money to get what she wants.

Tom said, "Sydney come on I mean I am your official revenge date for this crappy wedding, so I need to be included in this shopping trip"  I stared at him.

I said, "Tommy are you teasing me,"  He said, "no. I told you I would go with you to the mall, sit and wait while you try on, and then you can come out and show me."  I stared at him. I know I'm blushing. Because I could feel my cheeks burning.  He smirked.

I said "I thought you were kidding. Judy said you hate the mall, and the crowds"  Tom said, "I do. But I'll make an exception this time. To help you pick out the perfect revenge dress. I mean from what you told me last night, I'm even more convinced Rob still wants you."  I said, "no he loves her. True love."  Tom said, "no he hasn't got you out of his head, the fact that he continues to want to talk to you, and show up at your house, proves that, and trust me honey, as hot as you are, he hasn't forgot you. So what time are we leaving."  I stared at him.

Did Tommy just call me hot. I think he did. I can barely speak.

I said, "um Judy um uh."  He is staring at me, and I am blushing, and his gaze is too strong, I can't look in his eyes.  I look at my plate.

I said, "she's coming to my house at 11, but I need to take a shower and change clothes."   He said, "ok well I can meet you around 10 45 at your house. Does that give you time to take your shower and get ready"  I said, "Right I mean yes. I mean are you sure, you are going way above and beyond the escort duty."  Tom smiled.  He said, "I know but I am going to enjoy this wedding I mean seeing the look on Rob's face, when he sees you in your hot revenge dress."  I said, "Tom you are forgetting that I don't have a hot body, so I won't be able to really pull off a revenge dress."  Tom said, "yes you will. Your body is hot."  I said, "my middle school body"

Tom's face went from happy and smiling to a frown.  Tom said, "Sydney I'm sorry about that comment. I was being mean to hurt you. I regretted it the minute I said it. I was going to apologize and then you insulted me."  I said, "Tom I didn't say that to upset you. I mean it's true. I know it. I mean look at me."  Tom said, "I am looking at you."  He smiled.  His gaze too hot for me to handle.

I looked down.  I said, "I mean I fit in high school.  They all think I'm like a freshman Tom. On cases."  Tom said, "and I fit into high school too, so does Doug, even Booker. Judy, Harry."  I said, "yeah I know but."  

I got up and went to the sink to start doing the dishes.  Tom said, "hey stop that."  I turned.  He said, "i'll do the dishes since you did the cooking."  I said, "Tommy I can do them"  He said, "Sydney I insist.  You go sit down and relax."  I said, "Tommy how about I wash and you dry"  He said, "ok fine."  There was silence, the whole time. I would hand him the dish to dry and our hands would touch.  We avoided eye contact.  After the last one.  Tom said, "Thank you again for the delicious breakfast. Best I've ever had."  I blushed.