Logan goes to put his suitcase in the bed of the truck and I follow.

"Let me," Logan goes for the handle of my suitcase. It's a small carry on suitcase, it's not very heavy.

"How weak do you think I am?" I raise a brow at him as I push the handle down and lift the suitcase into the truck myself.

"Was just trying to be helpful," Logan holds his hands up as I close the bed of the truck.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and turn to walk away.

Once we're in the car and on our way to our shared neighborhood Logan and Nick start talking and don't stop the whole time. I spend the whole ride on my phone. I make sure to text the girls that I've made it, and then I just mindlessly scroll on social media until we come to a stop outside of my parents home.

"Thank you for the ride, Nick," I smile at him as I pull the handle of the truck door.

Logan also gets out of the car. We both make our way to the back of the truck.

"I don't need your help," I glare at him as I open the bed of the truck.

"Tomorrow night some people from high school are planning a hang out, you should come," he says ignoring my comment.

I pull my suitcase from the bed of the truck, "Uhm I'll pass."

"C'mon Kenz! Don't be boring," Logan says shutting the trunk door.

"You now my parents won't let me."

"You're twenty one and your parents won't let you go to a party?" He raises a brow at me.

"I'm only home for a week, they want to spend time together," I counter as I lift the handle of my suitcase and start towards my driveway.

"Goodbye, Logan," I call as I walk away.

"Bye, Kenz," he calls back.

I use the keypad to open the garage and make my way inside.

"Star!" I smile as our golden retriever runs towards me as fast as she can. We've had her since I was six years old, she's the sweetest dog ever.

I drop to the floor as she licks my face, her whole body wiggling with excitement, "Hi pretty girl! I missed you too," I smile petting her.

"Is Macey home?" I ask Star like she'll actually answer. Her car was in the garage, but knowing my sister that doesn't mean she's home.

She's been home all summer since she goes to school here in Arizona still. I love her but she's part of the reason I transferred schools. We've done everything together our whole lives. That's what happens when your twins, you're basically the same person from birth. But I want to be my own person, so that's why I cut my hair and moved away.

But Macey is my best friend, I'd do anything for her. But I'm not blind to the fact that she's a better dancer then me. She always has been, and I didn't want to be compared to her anymore. And at UCLA there is no Macey, it's just Makenzie. I'm finally my own person.

"Mace!" I call out hoping she'll be home.

"Kenz!" Her voice echos from upstairs.

Star gets off me and runs towards the stairs. And then I hear Macey making her way downstairs.

"Oh my god! I've missed you!" Macey says as she makes her way towards me. I wrap my arms around her as her arms wrap around me.

"I feel whole again," I sigh as we hold each other. I don't think we've spent this much time away from each other ever. And yeah I wanna be my own person but nothing beats being with your sister.

Macey pulls away smiling, "I need to know everything! How's the team?"

"How about we change and get in the pool then I'll tell you everything, if you promise to also fill me in," I smile.

"Deal," she says turning to head upstairs. I follow behind her, my suitcase in hand.

-

"Oh my god," my mouth hangs open as I stare at the star tattooed on my sister's hip as she floats on a raft beside me.

"Mom and Dad are gonna kill you!" I look up at her.

"They don't know, so keep your mouth shut!" She narrows her brown eyes at me.

Before I cut my hair that was our biggest difference between us. We've got the same chocolate colored hair as our mom, we're both tall like our father and both built lean like dancers but she's got dark brown eyes like Mom and I've got Dad's light hazel-green eyes.

"I can't believe you got a tattoo!"

Our parents are anti-tattoo, anti-piercing, anti anything that doesn't make us look like proper young women.

"You're not the only one finding yourself," she smirks, laying her arms under her head again.

"Okay enough about me, are you starting to feel better?" She shades her eyes looking over at me. I lift my shoulders to my ears.

"It's getting easier, I love the team. Classes are classes and the city kinda scares me but it's nice to be just Makenzie James. Not one of the James twins."

"I do wish you were there sometimes though," I sigh dipping my hand into the water, "I just can't talk to any one there like I can with you."

"Kenz, you can always call," Macey says sweetly.

"I know but you've got your own shit going on."

"But I miss our sister chats too!"

"Fine, I promise to call more often," I lift my pinkie up for her.

She hooks her pinkie around mine, "Good."

"Okay now tell me about the fun stuff! Boys, parties, that stuff!" Macey smiles.

And so I do. I tell her everything, expect about running into Logan. She doesn't need to know about that because I'm pretending it didn't happen.

We chat until, who knows how much later, the door to the house opens and Dad appears.

"My girls!" He cheers from the patio.

"Hi Dad," we both sit up on our rafts.

He's got on his coaching gear and obviously just came from practice, red hat with our local high school's logo, a mustang, and his matching red polo and khakis.

"Mom wants to meet for dinner, she got stuck in a meeting after practice. Can you two be ready in like an hour?"

We both nod, "On it!"