Chapter #9

After some beatiful moments and endless conversations in the hospital, Todd was discharged. There was not even a day from then that Todd would let Suzie go out of his sight except when Phil got annoyed and told Suzie to get into the house which she rarely did. suzie and Todd were inseperable now. Todd taught Suzie how to throw a rock far away in the river and Suzie taught Todd how to make video calls. Despite being practical, suzie could not stop thinking about growing old with Todd.

He was all she craved for now.

one misty morning :

Todd had taken Suzie for a ride not telling her the destination.

they reached the front gate of a cemetry.

perplexed, Suzie turned to ask Todd for an explaination but halted when she saw his eyes full of agony.

he took her by the hand and walked her to a particular grave where the inscriptions read,

RIP
Watson parker
12 09 1997

Todd turned to her and gave her a sad smile.

Todd: This is my grandpa's grave. He was an amazing man. He taught me how to ride a bicycle and how to love my life. He was diagnosed with lukemia when he was fifteen years old. He had left every hapiness and started living in isolation untill my grandma came along. She turned his life upside down and soon enough his condition was improved and he lived up till his sixties. He always said that grandma was his miracle. He used to tell me that there will be a time when my life will be in mortal peril and an angel will cure my wounds.

Suzie: That angel will come soon.

Todd: no it wont

Suzie: and why do you say that?

Todd:...as that angel has already arrived and conquered my heart.

Todd took Suzie's hands in his and stared into the perplexities of that girl's amazing eyes. He took her by surprise and like a gentleman, he confessed:

Todd: Suzie Adams, my miracle is you. You are the one who appeared as an angel in my world and gave me an adequate reason to survive,if I do.

Suzie was unaware of the tears that just sparkled from her eyes. Nobody made her feel like that before. Todd respected her for who she was. She couldn't stop herself from saying...

Suzie: Todd, I am here, and we will fight together through the good and the bad and the ugly.

A painful silence took over those few minutes. Suzie marked those memoirs, "beautiful",with a permanent marker in her heart.

Who knew that those "beautiful" memories would be the only one Suzie would survive on.