Chapter #4

Startled!Suzie turned back and found those same pair of intimidating blue eyes gazing at hers. She was lost in the city of perplexities for a minute or two but came to her senses right after that.

Suzie: never ever do THAT again!

Boy: Do what?

Suzie: this 'intimacy' thing

Boy: woah! So..here we are dealing with an accute case of ego problem. Aren't we? By the way I am Todd.

So..his name was Todd. If she would have been in the city right now with her girl-friends,she definitely would have flirted with a guy as charming as him. But things were different here. She had made herself loath everything about the village,then how could she make him an exception.

Suzie: Todd huh? Good for you

Todd:..and you are...

Suzie:...good enough to talk to you properly

And she brisked away from him. Todd was too furious to follow her. He had never seen a girl as
conceited as her.

To hell with her!

# the next day..#

librarian: what can I do for you miss?

Suzie: I was looking for....

Todd: a book on social behaviour I guess. Hi,you probably know me as we met yesterday. I work here. Part time.

Todd worked there as an assistant for the sake of part time job. That day while settling a big pile of papers,he merely glanced through the window,finding a familiar face walking towards him. His crooked smile potrayed his upcoming mischief.
"She is so going down today" he thought.

Suzie: oh! Todd. Was it?

Todd: Dont act as if you dont remember my name. I am quite difficult to forget. This is my talent

Suzie: A useless talent indeed

Todd: ever rode on a horseback?

Suzie: ew! They are so dirty and filthy. Who would want to ride them. I prefer riding a bucati or a porche...

Todd: Hang on! Let me give you a try. Then you will figure out my real talent.

Suzie: I need a ride back home. So I guess I would be needing one of those filthy creature for the ride as I cannot see any means of other transportation but i need the horse cleaned first.

and thus the horseback riding began. Suzie was grossed out at first but soon she started to enjoy herself. She never felt so real before. Where was the girl who could not survive in a village. Where was the brat who complained a lot. In the moment,her condition was forgotten.

Todd was a first class horseback rider. He was dying to show the brat his talent but now he was kind of feeling happy to see her smile.

He had never seen her smile before. He noticed the way her eyes lit up when she stretched her beetroot colored lips.

She had never played with those kind of barbie dolls who were locked inside a castle waiting for a prince on a horse saving her. So she didnt realise that Todd was looking exactly like the prince for her rescue. A rescue mission of her phoney life.

#after the ride#

Suzie: well that was fun

Todd: if you want to see what real fun is then you should see me more often

Suzie: well, i guess, befriending you would do no harm to my reputation.

Todd: amen, lady of attitude.

And with the last line,those beautiful eyes left her behind,not knowing that her dreams would be conquered by him anytime soon because that very night all suzie thought about was HIM