Chapter #6

Even though he had decided that he would never to go out with Suzie,Todd couldn't stop thinking about her

Meanwhile..

Suzie was pushing away every single moment spent with him from her memory. She cannot afford to think about him. Last thing she wanted was to fall in love with a person who belonged to this village.
Her status did not allow her to fall in love.

She would never experiment on her feelings ever again!

The next few days went in vain. All they thought about was each other,all they wondered about was what the other person might be doing,but neither of them tried approaching each other neverthless.

Many days passed by. Suzie was scared that Rachel would never sympathise with her living condition so she decided to talk her dad out of it.

Suzie: Dad we need to talk.

Phil:yeah go on..

Suzie: Dad, I want you to tell mom to take me away from here.

Phil: You dont like the place?

Suzie: Yeah dad. I think it sucks!

Phil: you could have lied you know,to make me feel better but Suze your blunt attitude would never change.

Suzie: so stop trying dad.

Phil was adamant enough not to let her go back. Phil wanted Suzie to experience a life that she would loath so that she learns to survive

Dissapointed,Suzie went out to freshen her already flooded mind. She walked through the park, thinking about ways to convince her mother but in the back of her mind just  one face floated around her. HIS!

This guy was not different than any other guys in the world. The only thing that made him different was that he was the only one who could make Suzie's heartbeat go faster. She wondered why?

Her thoughts were lingering on the moment when the raindrops fell on the back of her hands making her notice the present moment all over again.

She took a shed in the parking stand nearby ,when she saw him walking towards her with a big smile plastered on his mischievous face.

Todd: so,do you always get into  trouble like this,or is it especially around me.

Suzie did not react. Last thing she wanted was to make one more memory with him that would lead to a full night of nostalgic insomnia.

Todd: Do you know you are pretty in many peculiar ways!

Suzie never expected Todd to ever complement her. She  had received compliments many times from handsome people but the way Todd said it caused Suzie's heart to skip a heartbeat.

Todd was shocked himself. Wow! He never thought that Suzie would be the one who can make him blabber at times like this!

Silence took over that awkward moment. This strange silence was indirectly broken when Todd saw Susie blush because now only the voices of their heartbeats were  audible.

This feeling was unknown to them. The futile attempt to ignore each other's presence made things even worse.

Suzie could not fight her feelings any more. She was dying to love him from the inside but her pride stopped her every time she tried to look at him. Todd was falling in love with her already.

They finally gave up the silent treatement and looked into each other's eyes. It took five minutes or so to realize that they had been standing there for ten minutes playing the stare game.

Suzie smiled,noticing the rain had  stopped already. She looked at him for the last time and turned away replaying the moment over and over again.

This was strange but surreal.

Once at home,her father was shocked to find her cleaning the kitchen,making dinner for him and actually talking to him. He felt happy that Suzie had finally gelled up with the village and the inhabitants.

Late at night that day....

Suzie heard her dog barking unusually that night. She woke up with a start. Peeping outside her window,she found Todd waving at her. Startled,she came downstairs quietly and opened the door

Suzie: What in the world are you doing here?

Todd: Listen,I couldn't stop thinking about the things that we did together, the look on your face,your smile,your eyes, and especially you. So when I couldn't take it any longer,I had to come here. You've made my life so complicated Suzie Adams,that now all I think about is you,all I dream about is you and there is not a thing I can do about it and I hate it!

Thank god! Todd could not see the deep shade of red covering Suzie's face in the darkness!

Suzie: umm so you came all the way here to tell me This??

Todd: Actually the reason I came here was because I wanted to let you know.

Suzie: What?

Todd: I came to tell you that I am falling in love with you and there's nothing you and I can do about it.