II - ROTTEN

SLASH MY HEART, THEN GONE DEAD.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You stood on the toilet seat, phone in your hand. You had decided to skip your math class, what was proving that a triangle was indeed a triangle gonna help you with in the future? You scrolled through your Instagram, waiting for the time to pass.

Suddenly, you heard the door fly open, you could hear multiple keys clanking together. You held your breath, you couldn't possibly get caught now.

"(Y/N), come out. I saw you on the security camera." The principal, Mr. Mias said. You then reluctantly opened the door to the stall, walking out. "Detention, Ms. (L/N)."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The room was quiet, you had been there for only about five minutes but it felt like an hour at that point. The door creaked open, and multiple footsteps followed. You then looked up to see Soobin, Yeonjun, Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Kai. Again. You avoided eye contact as they angrily sat down, metal and wood smashing together. After that, it went quiet again.

Flick..flick.

You looked over to see Beomgyu flicking a lighter on and off, seemingly entranced by the flame. The flicking continued.

"Beomgyu, I swear to god if you don't stop with that lighter-" Yeonjun spoke, his voice had gotten so much deeper since you last heard it. "Or what?" The boy replied, eyeing Yeonjun with a smirk. "That stupid ass lighter is the reason we even got caught, since you wanted to burn random paper," Kai spoke, fuck, he sounded so hot. Something about his rough tone sent shivers down your spine.

"Don't forget I have your sister's number, Kamal." Beomgyu chuckled but put the lighter away.

Now that the group was a bit closer, you could see their outfits and faces up close. Your eyes wandered to Soobin's hand, bloody bandages covered his knuckles, it looked bad due to the amount of blood.

Soobin must have felt your gaze because he answered the question in your head. "I punched a mirror." He said, turning around in his seat to look at you calmly. "I must've hit a blood vessel because I bled a lot. It's healing a little, though. Taehyun poured peroxide on it."

Taehyun snorted, joining the conversation. "He screamed like a girl."

"Fuck no. I didn't make a peep."

"He's lying, he totally did." Beomgyu turned as well, joining the conversation.

"I don't blame him, that shit burns." Yeonjun crossed his arms.

You heard the seat next to you move, there sat Kai. Everyone else went to their own conversations, leaving you two alone.

"Hey." He spoke first, looking you dead in the eyes. His familiar gaze felt cold now.

"Hi, you look good." The last part slipped out, but you kept your cool.

"I could say the same for you."

"What happened?" You asked, tilting your head. You knew him yet you didn't. "Shit." Kai was never the cursing type, he really was different.

"The eyeshadow, the fur I-" You stuttered, unable to get the jumble in your mind out. "You've changed."

"Love does things to a man, sweetheart."