CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT

Start from the beginning

I said, "Wait what, so you are telling me this asshole ex of yours cheated on you for 8 months with your best friend. You knew this girl."  I said, "yes not just my best friend she's, my cousin. We grew up together. I practically stayed at their house and her at mine."  She cries even harder.

I know what it's like to be betrayed. I know what it's like to find out that your friends all knew about it and didn't tell you. I know how humiliating it makes you feel. How stupid you feel.

I said, "Sydney I'm so sorry. Tell me where he is, what his last name is, I'll go kick his ass."  She said, "that's ok"

She looks at me. Her eyes all red and puffy.   I said, "I'm so sorry Sydney. I know what it's like to have your friends keep a secret from you, how you feel betrayed. I can't imagine how betrayed you feel, it being your cousin. She is a real whore Sydney. I mean to do that to you. None of those friends should be laughing at you."

She said, "But they are, and they will be even more. I just want to die. I'd rather die than have to go look like a bigger fool, and Rob will gloat and be all smug because I lied to them.  I just got so upset he has been showing up bugging me and then my aunt my dad asked me for a favor to go talk to my aunt because the wedding she hates that I hate Kris and Kris and I used to say that we would be in each other's weddings and I told my aunt I will go but that's it, and then the nerve of Kris and Rob,"

I am trying to take all this in, she's in tears, and she's talking so fast. Wedding, so they are getting married and asked you to go, I ask her

She said "yes and I wanted to say hell no, because I hate Rob. I hate that I gave myself to him. He has been the only man I've been with, he lied to me, he told me that he loved me, that he has never been in love then he met me, that I was his world, that he wanted forever, I let him move in with me, and I thought we would be together forever and get married, and things were perfect for 4 years, and then I went home from work and her car was there and Rob was there and I was so stupid I didn't think anything was wrong, because she stays at my house sometimes we were besties, she and Rob were friends, he was my man. When I couldn't find them I went upstairs and saw her panties and bra on the floor, heard them saw them."  

I am becoming enraged. I could kill this guy for hurting her. How could he do that

I said, "Sydney I'm so sorry. I don't know how a guy could do that to you, hurt you like that. You are so special, and so beautiful."  She said, "I'm not beautiful"

I said, "yes you are. Everyone thinks that."  She said, "no"  She cries.  I said, "Sydney you are so much better than that whore cousin of yours and that asshole ex of yours doesn't deserve you. I'm so sorry."

She said, "I made such a mess. Rob has been bugging me."  I said, "wait he's been showing up at your house or what, calling you. I will take care of him. Just tell me where to find him"

She said, "no when I walked in on them, I dumped him, and kicked him out of my house, and I ran to Jay and told him, and he went and kicked Rob's ass."

Tom said, "well good I would expect Jay to do that. I'll kick his ass too"

She said, "no I don't want you to get in trouble. Rob is a jerk. He would press charges."

I said, "I don't care."

She said, "I do. I just they upset me so much today. I mean I hate Rob. I detest him. I don't even think he's hot now. I am not sad about not having him, I don't want him. I just can't get past the betrayal the lies, how stupid I feel."    I said, "I get that. But honey no one is laughing at you. I mean why would they be laughing."

She said, "Because I'm so pathetic I don't have a date  Jay said that he would be my date for the wedding and I told him no that it would look worse to have him as my date, I mean he's my brother, and also his girlfriend got all upset because she wants to be his date, and then I don't want to be a 3rd wheel to him and Allison, then my dad said he would take me, I mean that looks bad too, that I have to have my dad as my date."  She burst into tears.