Chapter Forty-Four

En başından başla

*****

Shawn held the trash can, Britney rubbed my back, and Hope held my hair; whilst I emptied my stomach for the hundredth time today. I've only been pregnant for about a week, and it sucks. I love this kid, but he/she needs to let me eat.

I groaned and dropped my head on the pillow. "Do you feel better?" Hope asked. I grunted in response and covered my face with my arm. Why are the lights so bright?

"Maybe Dr. Nale shouldn't have gone with them" Shawn stated. Right after Asher, Dr. Nale, and the warriors left the territory, my baby decided to make me miserable. We all went back to the castle so there would be a doctor if we need one.

I quickly shook my head in disagreement. "He knows people and stuff. They need him" I said tiredly.

"You gotta eat before you can sleep" Britney informed me.

I rolled my eyes and pointed at my stomach. "This thing won't let me" I stated.

Shawn narrowed his eyes at me. "That is my future niece or nephew, not some thing" he huffed.

I sighed and rubbed my belly. "Can Mommy eat something?" I questioned my baby. Shawn and Britney looked at me like I'm crazy. "What do you wanna eat?" I asked softly.

"You're stomach can't talk" Shawn pointed out.

I face-palmed. "I know that. But I can get cravings if the baby wants something, smart ass" I retorted. Shawn started mumbling about how I'm gonna be an 'aggressive pregnant woman.' Which is probably true. "Salami!" I exclaimed. Everyone looked at me in confusion. I guess my sudden outburst was kinda weird. "I want salami, please" I muttered.

Shawn laughed before leaving the room with Britney trailing behind him. Hope sat on a chair next to my bed. We just sat in silence, but it wasn't awkward or anything. My phone beeped and Hope got up to hand it to me. "Thanks" I said before putting in the code to unlock the device.

From: Asher

Hey, baby. How r u feelin?

To: Asher

Good. Y didnt u just ML me?

If you don't understand our texting language, 'ML' is short for mind-link. I'm just too lazy to type it all out.

'I didn't even think about that' Asher said through our mind-link. Stupid boys.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. 'Where are you guys?' I questioned.

There was a long pause, in which Asher was probably asking someone where they were. 'About to enter a small group of rogues' territory. And we're half-way to the Gemini Coven' he informed me.

'Okay. Be safe' I told him before Shawn came into the room and threw a pack of salami at me. It hit my stomach and I faked a groan just for fun. I clutched my stomach and squeezed my eyes shut, acting as if I was in pain.

"Shit. Are you okay?" Shawn asked as he ran up to the bed. I groaned in response, holding back my laugh.

Britney smacked the back of his head. "Why would you throw it at her?! She's pregnant! Now you hurt her, you dumb-ass" she scolded him.

A small giggle escaped my mouth before I was full out, laughing my ass off. Shawn glared at me, making me laugh even more. After I caught my breath, I opened my eyes and looked at Shawn. Which was a bad idea because I started laughing again.

"Yeah. Yeah. Very funny" He said sarcastically. "Eat your damn salami" he huffed. I pursed my lips and opened the pack of meat.

"Thank you, Coco" I said while eating my salami.

Hope came into the room, but I didn't even see her leave. "Eve. You have a visitor" she stated. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion as I swallowed my food.

"Who is it?" I questioned. Hope moved out of the way to reveal a familiar looking dark-haired boy.

"Remember me?" he asked. I cocked my head in confusion. The boy chuckled before everyone in the room just fainted. I gasped and he rolled his eyes at me. "They're just sleeping. Don't get all dramatic"

I took deep breaths to calm my erratic heart. "Who are you? What do you want?" I inquired.

The boy faked a pout. "How could you not remember me? I made you a sandwich" he stated. A sandwich? "It's Ant. Anthony. From the Midnight Howlers" he said.

"Oh. Hey" I said awkwardly, glancing at my friends who were laying on the floor.

Ant growled at me, making my hands fly to my stomach on instinct. I quickly moved them before he noticed. "That it? Just 'hey'" he questioned.

I shrugged. What does he want me to say? "Why are you here?"

"This is all you fault" he stated. "You didn't even tell me!"

I slightly flinched back in fear. "I-I don't know what you're t-talking about" I said shakily. I attempted to mind-link Asher, but it didn't work. Stupid wall!

"I just told a few people that the princess was at our pack, and I got kicked out!" he growled. "Now I'm rogue all because of you!" he pointed a finger at my face.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know" I whispered.

"But it doesn't really matter. I'm not alone anymore" he stated. Before I had the chance to ask, another man entered the room. "I'm sure you two have met before" Ant said.

The man nodded towards me. "Genevieve" he said simply.

I rolled my eyes. "Malcom. I see you're still a dick" I hissed.

Malcom's eyes darkened and he took a deep breath to calm down. "I heard that you have a bun in the oven" he said.

"Well you heard wrong" I lied.

Malcom saw right through me though. "Have you put the pieces together yet?" he questioned. All these subject changes are really getting annoying. I shook my head. "Well, Anthony here is my assistant I guess" he said while rolling his eyes like he didn't really care.

I sighed. "Okay. So why are you guys here?" I questioned.

"Just making sure everything will go well with my future pupil" Malcom stated. I growled and covered my stomach. Malcom chuckled at my actions. "Don't worry, yet"

"What do you want with my baby?" I asked hesitantly.

A wicked smile spread across Malcom's face. "You see. I had a witch put a tiny spell on you. When you're baby is born, it will hypothetically be the strongest being alive. Along with Royal and Alpha blood, it will also be part witch" he stated.

Suddenly it all clicked. My baby will create imbalance. It's too strong. And strength can either be good or bad. "Why are you doing this?" I asked.

Malcom rolled his eyes. "We need a stronger heir. We had your weak parents, now we have a naive little girl" he hissed. "With this kid, we can have all the power we want"

"You fucking ass hole!" I growled. Both guys chuckled before they just disappeared in thin air.

Shawn, Britney, and Hope slowly woke up. "What happened?" Shawn asked.

"They just messed with the wrong people"