Chapter One

Genevieve

After breakfast, Mom and I cleaned the dishes. Matthew fell asleep; and Dad was sorting out last minute things for Ryan and I. Ryan is the Alpha of our Royal Pack. He is by far the greatest leader and fighter. He is also really close to my family, which is why he is going with me. The plan is to travel around to find my mate. We will go to each pack, sniff around. Literally. Apparently, I can smell my mate, and instantly know that its him. It's weird to think about, but helpful. Ryan needed to meet up with other Alphas anyway, so it kills two birds with one stone.

"Party time!" someone yelled. I heard the door close and footsteps started coming towards us. Mom and I were watching Criminal Minds in the living room. We both turned around and Ryan entered.

"Ryan!" I exclaimed. I jumped off the couch to hug him. Ryan chuckled and hugged me back.

"Well, I feel loved," a female voice said. I turned and saw Jordyn, Ryan's mate. I pulled away from Ryan and gently hugged Jordyn. "I'm not glass you know," Jordyn teased.

I smiled as I moved away from her. "But you are very, very pregnant," I said. Ryan and Mom chuckled while nodding in agreement.

"Isn't she due in a few weeks?" Mom asked. Jordyn nodded and patted her belly. "Have you thought of any names?"

Jordyn opened her mouth, but Ryan cut her off before she could speak. "His name is gonna be Ryan Junior," he stated proudly. 

Jordyn hit his arm. "For the last time! It's a girl! How many time do we have to say it, so that it gets through your thick alpha skull?!" Jordyn said exasperated.

"What are you naming her?" I asked Jordyn. Ryan glared at me, and I smiled innocently at him.

"Well, this guy-" she pointed at Ryan with her thumb. "wanted a Ryan Junior. So I compromised. Rilynn," she said with a smile. Mom squealed like a teenager. Ryan chuckled and kissed Jordyn.

I fake gagged. "Gross! PDA!" I shouted, covering my eyes. Everyone started laughing. I opened my eyes just as Dad entered the room.

"Ryan." They did the bro-hug thing. "Hello, Jordyn," Dad said and kissed her cheek.

"Hello, David," Jordyn said. "Ryan needed to talk to you about Alpha stuff. And I wanted to give Eve this." Jordyn held up a small rectangular box.

I smiled. "You didn't have to get me anything," I said and pulled her into a hug.

Jordyn laughed. "You will be happy that I did though," she held the box out to me. It was wrapped in light blue wrapping paper and a little white bow.

I pulled off the bow and undid the wrapping. It was a black jewelry box. I looked up at Jordyn and she looked excited. I slowly opened the box and gasped. It was a white gold charm bracelet. There were five charms. The letters G and B connected, a small wolf, a crown, a simple heart, and a butterfly. It was beautiful. I just stood there and gaped at it.

"Do you like it?" Jordyn asked nervously.

I looked up at her and nodded. "I love it." I put the jewelry on the table and hugged her. "It's beautiful."

"It looked better in silver, but..." she trailed off. I laughed. Silver can hurt werewolves. It won't kill us, but is does burn and weaken us. It sucks that we can't touch something so beautiful. But, I still have silver jewelry. It's just not real. Real silver is absolutely stunning, though.

"It was my idea," Ryan stated. I laughed and gave him a hug.

Jordyn hit Ryan's arm again. "Don't lie. Your only idea was the letters," she scoffed.