Chapter Sixteen

Ryan

"The baby's coming!" Jordyn yelled. I quickly rushed to her side and helped her stand.

'Jordyn is in labor', I mind-linked the doctor.

'I'll be there as soon as I can,' he responded.

"Come on. The doctor is on his way." I started walking, but paused at the door. "Isaac. Take Jordyn to a room. I'll stay here with Eve."

"You are not leaving me!" Jordyn growled and pulled me to the door.

"I'll stay with Eve," Asher offered. Really? Does he think that we actually would trust him after knowing the full story.

I scoffed. "I'm not leaving you alone with her" I turned to Shawn. "Stay with Eve and him." Shawn nodded. Me and Isaac helped Jordyn walk to another room. We laid her on the bed and I held her hand as Isaac walked out.

'Our pup is coming!' My wolf shouted excitedly.

Jordyn screamed and grabbed my arm. She squeezed my arm and started panting. "Breathe Jordyn," I said softly.

She growled. "Don't tell me what to do!" her eyes flashed golden and she clutched my arm tighter.

'Hurry! Her wolf is trying to take over,' I told the doctor.

'Calm her down. The baby can't come out if she shifts.'

I lightly kissed Jordyn's forehead. "The doctor is almost here," I said.

"Tell him to hurry up! I want this kid out of me!" she growled.

"I know, babe." I kissed her temple and wiped away her sweat. She leaned into my touch and purred.

The doctor rushed in and quickly put on gloves. "Let's get started. Alpha, can you take off her pants and underwear." I nodded and took off Jordyn's clothes. The doctor asked Jordyn to lift her bend her legs. He sat at the foot of the bed, in front of her.

I had to fight my wolf when he lifted up the blanket. 'That's our mate!' he growled. 'He's the doctor. He's just doing his job,'  I told him. I took deep breaths to calm my wolf.

"I see the head," the doctor announced. My wolf was no longer angry or jealous. He was joyful and happy. "I need you to push, Jordyn."

"Don't tell me what to do!" She roared.

'Deep breaths. Just push. And calm down. You can't shift right now,' I told my mate through our mind-link.

"I'll shift if I want to!" she shouted. Her eyes flashed gold. I saw the doctor pull a syringe out of his pocket and I growled. 

'Liquid wolfsbane. It won't hurt her. Just keep her wolf from taking over,' the doctor explained. I nodded and held down Jordyn's arm. He injected the liquid into her vein and went back to the edge of the bed.

"Push," the doctor demanded. Jordyn screamed as she pushed and squeezed my arm. "Good job. Keep pushing." Jordyn pushed and bit her lip to keep in a scream. "You're doing great. One more big push." Jordyn screamed as she pushed with all her might.

The sound a baby crying filled my ears. Werewolf births only take less than an hour since our bodies function faster than a human's. Jordyn's grip on me relaxed and she took deep breaths.

I heard a light snip as the doctor cut the cord. He quickly cleaned the baby faster than the Flash. "Congratulations. It's a girl." The doctor wrapped the beautiful baby in a blanket and handed her to Jordyn.

"Thank you doctor," I said and nodded my head at the man.

"Congratulations, Alpha and Luna." The doctor walked out the room, leaving me with my little family.