Chapter 23 - Despair

- CHAPTER 23 -

Hana walked aimlessly. Her tears had dried up by then and she was walking with no end direction in my mind. She felt numb, beyond description. She did not notice the fact that she is now walking on the road.

A loud honking sound was heard but Hana did not turn at all. She continue to walk on the road when a sudden force pull her back making them fall on the pavement.

"What the heck, Hana?!", yelled the man who saved her from getting hit by the bus seconds ago.

She looked up.

"Chan", she muttered softly.

Tears started welling at the corner of her eyes.

"Hana, are you okay? What's wrong?", asked abang Chan worriedly looking at her state.

Her supported her by her waist and pull her to stand up. Hana leaned her body to Bang Chan as her energy had drained out from everything. Bang Chan cupped her cheek and made her look at him before asking, "Hana, tell me, what's wrong?"

She smiled sadly looking at him. Stray of tears evident on her cheeks.

"Hana, don't scare me like this. You know I'm here with you. Tell me, what happened?", he asked softly.

"I'm sorry, Chan."

Bang Chan felt confused at her sudden apology.

"I'm sorry for everything. You've been through a lot of shit because of me. You've saved me countless of times. You've been there through my worst. Yet, all I do is hurt you. Put you at harm.", she continued reminiscing everything that had happened from her divorce, to her miscarriage and now Eunwoo's threat.

"Hana, what are you saying? You know I'm always here for you. I care for you."

"That's the thing, Chan. Please stop caring about me. I don't think I deserve you care. I don't even deserve Felix's love. Not to mention, someone like you, god send angel."

Hana's words made Bang Chan's heart heavy.

"What made you think that you don't deserve our love? You don't have any rights to determine this Hana."

Hana chuckled sadly.

"I know Chan. I know that I don't deserve anyone. I'm useless. I'm weak. Look at me Chan. I'm a mess."

Bang Chan stayed silent letting her speak her hearts out.

"Because of me, Haeun died. Because of me, you and Felix are at risk of being harm by Eunwoo."

Bang Chan widened his eyes.

"What do you mean by Eunwoo?"

"I want to die, Chan. I don't want to live anymore."

Bang Chan pulled away and gripped her shoulders tightly.

"Hana, what the hell are you saying?!"

Bang Chan losing control over his emotion. It hits him hard when he heard Hana's words about dying. He can't let this thought consume her.

Hana sobbed and spoke, "I don't want to live in this world. I want to be with Haeun. I don't want to go through anymore of this pain."

Bang Chan dragged her to a nearby alley before pinning her to the wall.

"Hana, stop this. I can't hear any of this anymore."

"Let me go, Chan. Let me go in peace."

Bang Chan grabbed Hana's face with his right while the other still pinning her to the wall.