Chapter 66 - Dungeon Eight

Start from the beginning

"Okay, this is annoying me now, what do you mean you're trapped in that form?"

"The thing is Ikarus-sama, Miss Penelope-sama used to be a man"

"Actually, technically I still kinda am! Mentally at least, this body of mine of mine is just a cause of cursed magic, it's just an unfortunate experiment I conducted on myself that now has no cure! Miss does fit a lot better than Mr though for someone in my predicament!"

"She's an idiot Ikarus, this is a consequence of mixing dangerous potions with forbidden perversion magic, something like this is down to utter stupidity"

"How was I supposed to know the effect would be permanent?"

"Maybe because it said so on the bottle?"

"Who reads the label before drinking something anyway?"

"*Sigh*"

Sighhh, more gender changing shenanigans, wasn't me and Ariza alone enough? So if this person technically is a guy, the name Penelope seems a bit feminine for a person born male though. Also I think I can now understand Petra's irritation and her allowing priestess to take the lead, this place is just another annoying hellhole.

[<Names can change depending on the circumstances -user->]

'Huh? I guess that's why you didn't fight me calling you Aesa for too long then'

[<...>]

Of course I knew she might not respond to that, I do wonder if this Penelope person could've helped Ariza changed form permanently if he was able to do it but the way Petra was speaking, that sounds like a bad idea, maybe it has some severe side effects or something like that. Could be this person wasn't so hyperactive and jumpy beforehand and that's a side effect, Petra definitely would've mentioned it if it was safe to do.

Let's try and go back on topic, the more time we spend speaking with this nutjob, the longer it'll take to enter the dungeon. This is getting slightly dumb now though, these types of weird conversations just never seem to stop. I'm not the only one starting to look really frustrated now, Petra seems to share my annoyance.

"*Sigh*... Look guildmaster, for the love of the Gods, can we get back onto the topic on why we're here now?"

In the pink haired person's defence, I did kinda distract the conversation that time but she continued it on.

"Of course Petra-sama! I can focus if you want me to, just tell me what you need and I'll be happy to assist!"

At least this person is willing to try and be helpful, if she pinches my cheek again, I will punch her though. Next time I'll aim for the face, give her a black eye. Ain't nobody allowed to pinch my cheek other than Petra! I mean, she hasn't yet and I'd rather not be pinched but my thought still stands!

"We're here for the dungeon Miss Penelope-sama"

"The priestess is correct, we've been told there's a dungeon under your guild, is that true or not?"

It even sounds like priestess is getting a little tired with this man turned woman now, hopefully we can get this sorted quickly.

"Ah, it turns out we're leaking information like a sieve again, that's unfortunate but it's not the end of the world! To answer your question, yes, we have a dungeon master currently living down in the basement"

Well that doesn't sound sus at all, I guess the amount of times the word dungeon gets mentioned, weird sounding stuff like that would come up a lot. If there's a master, does that mean we can complete this dungeon quickly then? I'm not one hundred percent sure but if there's a master to this dungeon, we can either kill them or talk it out, that seems to be the trend right now. I'm all for combat dungeons but it would be nice for another quick one.